Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts
|भारतेन्दु नाट्य आकादमी|
|Ministry of Culture, Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts or Bharatendu Natya Akademi (भारतेन्दु नाट्य आकादमी, بھارتیندو نآٹیَہ اکادمی) is a theatre training institute in Lucknow, India. It is named after Bharatendu Harishchandra, father of Hindi theatre. It offers a two-year full-time diploma course in theatre training. It is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Culture, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Bharatendu Natya Academy came into existence as a drama institute on 2 July 1975, by efforts of the theatre personality Raj Bisaria.
In 1975 its name was Bharatendu Natya Kendra and the class was running at the mini Rabindralay (near Lucknow Railway Station). At that time BNA did not have their own building; now it functions from the Bharatendu Bhawan in Gomti Nagar (Vikas Khand-1). Lucknow.
In 1981 the institute started providing a two-year full-time diploma course in theatre training. The institute today selects 20 candidates every year for its two-year intensive post-graduate diploma course with scholarships for the first 12 students. Raj Bisaria was the founder-director. Hindi writer Amritlal Nagar was the first nominated chairperson of the institute. Today Bharatendu Natya Academy has become the second of its kind in India after the National School of Drama, New Delhi. At the end of their course, the second-year students make a visit to the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune or Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata for the basic training for film and television. This is a kind of extension program is done with the financial support of Film Bandhu (a body under the Cultural Department of the U.P. Government).
The institute has three auditoriums within the campus:
- B M Shah Auditorium
- Thrust Theatre Auditorium
Apart from that it has a studio theatre and minor performances spaces used on special occasions,During Workshop & Festival.
- Aakash Pandey (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 2003
- Anupam Shyam (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 1985
- Atul Srivastava (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 1986
- Atul Tiwari  (Screenwriter) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 1979
- Jagat Rawat (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts -Notable alumni class of 1997
- Muneesh Sappel (Production Designer) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts -Notable alumni class of 1989
- Rajiv Jain  (Cinematographer) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 1985
- Rajpal Yadav (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts - Notable alumni class of 1994
- Rakesh Shrivastav  (Actor) Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts -Notable alumni class of 1982
- Lalit Singh Pokhariya - Theatre Actor,Director
- Cinema of India
- Bharatendu Harishchandra
- Bhatkhande Music Institute
- Lucknow College of Arts and Crafts
- National School of Drama
- National Institute of Dramatic Art
- Film and Television Institute of India
- Government Film and Television Institute
- State Institute of Film and Television
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
- Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts (BADA),, Bharatendu Akademi of Dramatic Arts (BADA). Admissionnews.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
- Latest Admission Notices 2012 | Exam Alerts | Notifications | Announcements | Updates. Indiaedunews.net. Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alumni of Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts.|