|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bardhaman-Durgapur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bhatar|
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Bhatar CD Block are located at Bhatar.
As per the 2011 Census of India Bhatar had a total population of 3.383, of which 1,702 (50%) were males and 1,681 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 355. The total number of literates in Bhatar was 2,164 (71.47% of the population over 6 years).
Bhatar is a station on the Bardhaman-Balgona sector. EMU trains are being operated on this section from 2012. Bhatar is 18.9 km from Bardhaman.Burdwan Katwa Railway is undergoing gauge conversion from 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge to 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in).
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Burdwan". Tables 2.1, 2.2,. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Burdwan District Police". Police Station. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "District Census Handbook: Barddhaman" (PDF). Map of Barddhaman with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fourth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "35013 Barddhaman Balgona EMU Local". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Bhatar Dasarathi Hazra Memorial College admission". Examdrive. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|