Bhatar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||39. Bardhaman-Durgapur|
|Electorate (year)||197,538 (2011)|
|Trinamool Congress||Banamali Hazra||83,883||47.29||+9.36#|
|People’s Democratic Conference of India||Iyar Mohammad Sekh||2,469|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||+20.20#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages in 2006 taken together.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Syed Md. Masih of CPI (M) won the Bhatar assembly seat in 2006 defeating his nearest rival Banamali Hajra of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 2001 and 1996, Subhas Mondal of CPI (M) defeated Banamali Hajra of Trinamool Congress and Susanta Ghosh of Congress, in respective years. In 1991, Mahboob Zahedi of CPI (M) defeated Bholanath Sen of Congress. In 1987 and 1982, Syed Md. Masih of CPI (M) defeated Banamali Hajra and Bholanath Sen, both of Congress, in the respective years. In 1977, Bholanath Sen defeated Saktipada Chattopdahyay of Forward Bloc.
Bholanath Sen of Congress won the seat in 1972. Anath Bandhu Ghosh of CPI (M) won it in 1971. In 1969, Aswini Roy of CPI won the seat. S.Hazra of Congress, won it in 1967. Aswini Roy, representing CPI won it in 1962. The constituency was formed in 1957. It was won in that year by Abalata Kundu of Congress.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Bhatar". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bhatar. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Bhatar. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "268 – Bhatar Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.