|• Total||11.66 km2 (4.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bhatlapenumarru was previously an agraharam donated to the brahmin community by Gajapathi Kings so is the name Bhatla (Telugu dialect of plural version of the word Bhat) and penumarru (Meaning large locality).
Indian freedom fighter and the designer of the Indian National Flag Sri Pingali Venkayya (2 August 1878 – 4 July 1963) was born in this village. In honor and remembrance of the man who designed the Indian National Flag, a statue was erected in the center of the village opposite the library.
Arjuna Award winner Sri Kamineni Eswara Rao was born in this village. He was adjudged "Strongest Man of India" in 1954 Senior Nationals and was remarked by American coach Bob Hoffman as "Powerhouse". He represented India as weightlifter in 1956 Melbourne Olympics, 1960 Rome Olympics and the first Asian Games(1951).In 2009, a Gymnasium "Sri Kamineni" was established in honor of Sri Kamineni Eswara Rao at Pedapudi, Kuchipudi Center.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,442. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- The Hindu Newspaper Article Dated Feb 04, 2008
- The Hindu Newspaper Article Dated Aug 16 ,2011
- The Hindu Newspaper article dated Feb 01,2008
- OneIndia News
- They keep the city flag flying high - The Hindu Newspaper article
- The Hindu Newspaper article dated Aug 12,2004
- Local(Pedasanagallu, Near Kuchipudi) Newsblog
- Google Maps Result for Bhatlapenumarru
- Approximated to Pamarru Data