This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Padhye graduated in Economics from the University of Mumbai in 1948. During 1949-51, he worked as a full-time volunteer for a labour union. He worked next as a teacher in King George High-school at Dadar, L. Kaduri High School at Mazgaon, and B. S. Ezikel High School at Sandhurst Road, all in Mumbai, for a year each. Then he worked for four years as a clerk in Spring Mill at Wadala in Mumbai before starting his career as a journalist, sequentially in Hind Mazdoor, Nava Kal, and Nava Shakti dailies.
His columns were published in different Marathi magazines, including Rahasyaranjan, Abhiruchee, Manoos, Sobat, Dinank, Kridangan, and Chandrayug.
In 1989, Padhye suffered an attack of paralysis.
He was married to Kamal Gothoskar, a labour union worker.
- Dombaryacha Khel, 1960, Majestic Book Stall, Mumbai
- Vaitag Vadi, 1965, Sadhana Prakashan, Pune
- Vasunaka, 1965, Popular Prakashan, Mumbai
- Barrister Aniruddha Dhopeshvarkar, 1968, Popular Prakashan, Mumbai
- Agresar, 1968, G. M. Prabhu Prakashan, Mumbai
- Homesick Brigade, 1974, Amey Prakashan, Nagpur
- Rada, 1975, Forward Publication, Mumbai
- Vanava, 1978, Indraneel Prakashan, Mumbai
- Ward No. 7 Surgical, 1980, Dimple Publication, Vasai
- Karanta, 1981, Majestic Prakashan
- Jailbirds, 1982, Dimple Publication, Vasai
- Ek Sunehara Khwab, 1980, Dhaara Prakashan, Aurangabad
- Murgi, 1981, Dimple Publication, Vasai
- Thalipeeth, 1984, Dimple Publication, Vasai
- Thodisi Jo Pee Le, 1986, Saras Prakashan, Vasai
- Bhau Padhye Yanchya Shreshth Katha, 2009, edited by Dilip Purushottam Chitre, Lokvangmay Griha, Mumbai
- Operation Chhakka, 1969
- Godam (1984). (Directed by Dilip Chitre, the movie received in 1985 a Special Jury Award for direction at The France International Film Festival.)
- Pichakari, 1979, Dinapushpa Prakashan, Mumbai
- Sajati Hai Yun Hi Mehefil, 1981
- Gurudatt, 1990, Lokvangmaya Griha, Mumbai
- Maharashtra State Award for the novel Vaitag Vadi (1965)
- Lalit Award for Barrister Aniruddha Dhopeshwarkar (1968)
- Maharashtra State Literature and Culture Board Fellowship (1993)