|Born||6 June 1983|
Shimoga, Karnataka, India
|Occupation||Film actor, dancer|
Bhavana Rao an Indian film actress who has appeared in Kannada and Tamil language films. She made her debut in the Kannada multistarrer Gaalipata (2008) winning critical acclaim for her performance, before playing leading roles in Kola Kolaya Mundhirika and Vinmeengal. She is also an accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer and has anchored for various Television programs before becoming a lead film actress  Bhavana Rao is an Indian actress, who works mainly in the South Indian film industry. She made her acting debut with Yograj Bhat's Gaalipata (2008). Over the years Bhavana has worked in Kannada and Tamil movies like Vaare Vah (2010), Vinmeengal (2012), Attahasa (2013), Krazy Star (2014), Maha Bhaktha Siriyala (2014), Parapancha (2016), Niruttara (2016), Sathyaharishchandra (2017) and Dayavittu Gamanisi (2017). In 2017 Bhavana starred alongside Sathish Ninasam and Roshni Prakash in director Ravi Srivatsa's action-drama, Tiger Galli.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Gaalipata||Pavni||Kannada||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Kannada|
|2012||Kola Kolaya Mundhirika||Veni||Tamil|
|2017||Satya Harishchandra||Won - SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female)- Kannada|
|2018||Thurthu Nirgamana||Guest Appearance|
|Rambo 2||Herself||Special Appearance in a song|
- Sunayana Suresh (2012-03-10). "Bhavana Rao's next releasing this week". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Shika's triple delight - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- TNN (2008-12-22). "'I won't succumb to the casting couch'". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Benign and beaming Bhavana Rao". IndiaGlitz. 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Bhavana Rao rechristens her name to 'Shikha' |". News.cinespot.net. 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "Bhavana Rao Also Known As Shikha". funnymela.in. 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2018-07-13.