|IATA: BHU – ICAO: VABV|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||20 ft / 6 m|
Source: Airports Authority of India
Bhavnagar Airport (IATA: BHU, ICAO: VABV) is an airport located 4 kilometres (2 mi) southeast of Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India. It covers 295 acres (119 ha) at an elevation of 6 metres (20 ft). It is served by Air India Regional, offering flights to Mumbai.
On 13 December 2014, Ventura AirConnect launched nonstop flights between Bhavnagar and Surat using Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft. The flights reduced travel time between the two cities from 6.5 hours to under 30 minutes. Ventura AirConnect now operates four daily flights between Bhavnagar and Surat.
On 27 March 2016, Jet Airways ended its nonstop service between Mumbai and Bhavnagar, as it was not financially viable. This left Bhavnagar Airport without scheduled service for nearly one month. .
On 21 April 2016, Air India Regional started its nonstop service to Mumbai, offering four Evening flights a week .
Airlines and destinations
|Air India Regional||Mumbai|
|Year||Aircraft movements||Percent change|
- "Bhavnagar Airport". Airports Authority of India. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- Thomas, Melvyn (14 December 2014). "Surat-Bhavnagar daily air service inaugurated". Times of India. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Surat Departures – Non Scheduled Charters". Surat Airport Information. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Jet Airways grounds flights from Bhavnagar, Porbandar". The Times of India. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "AAI in the West" (PDF). Cruising Heights. Newsline Publications Pvt. Ltd.: 34–36 April 2011. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhavnagar Airport.|
- Bhavnagar Airport at the Airports Authority of India
- Air India & SpiceJet may be first to fly to smaller towns
- Airport information for VABV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Porbandar, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar Airport was the first to develop a decision
- Between the small towns of Rs. 2500માં 1 hour of air travel in 2500, January Scheme
- Bhavanagara will be three daily flights, Air India Preparation dhamadhamata