|• Type||Municipal corporation|
|Elevation||241 m (791 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bhawanigarh is a town and a municipal council (Class-3) in Sangrur district in the state of Punjab, India. It is also the headquarter of Bhawanigarh tehsil, which was formed in December 2016. The town is also called Dhode, after the clan of its original founders. The town lies 19 kilometres east of Sangrur on the Patiala-Sangrur road.Patiala is 39 kilometres east of Bhawanigarh. The literacy rate is higher than other places of Sangrur.
Facts and some history
As of 2001 India census, Bhawanigarh had a population of 17,780. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bhawanigarh has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 66% and female literacy of 57%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. According to 2011 census data, its total population is 22320. The name Bhawanigarh originates from "Bhawani" mata. There is a temple of Bhawani mata in Bhawanigarh.
Places of interest
Shri Guru Teg Bahadur Stadium
Gurdūārā Sāhib Pātshāhī Naűvi
Guru Tegh Bahadur stayed here during one of his journeys through the Malva country. The original memorial on the spot where the guru had stayed was in time developed into a gurdwara called Gurdūārā Sāhib Pātshāhī Naűvī. The present gurdwara, consisting of a rectangular hall in front of a semi-octagonal sanctum with verandahs on three sides, was constructed in 1916CE. A small sarovar was added in the 1980s. The gurdwara owns 140 acres (0.57 km2) of agricultural land and is now managed directly by the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee. The gurdwara's budget for 1990-91 shows rental income from land alone as Rs. 210,000.
Tample of Swami Aatma Nand JI (Pothi Wale)
Atma Nand Ji Pothi Wale in the old police station of Bhawanigarh the tample has constructed, it is near the tample Bhawani Mata Mandir, This is also a respectful place for the people of Bhawanigarh.
Schools and Institutions
- New vision public School
- Heritage Public School
- Alpine Public School
- Guru Nanak Convent School
- Bhawanigarh Public School
- Baba Sahib Das Public School
- Saint Soldier Senior Secondary School
- Satya Bharti Adarsh Senior Secondary School
- St. John Public School
- MITES,Kakra Road,Bhawanigarh(9465910299)
- Gracious Education Hub(9465206793)
- MK Academy(only 8th class girls)
- "List of Tehsils in Punjab". Retrieved 2016-12-19.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Guru Teg Bahadur Stadium - Google Search". g.co. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "Tender for Earth Filling In Guru Teg Bahadur Stadium Bhawanigarh | Tenders in Barnala Punjab". www.thetenders.com. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "Top Schools in Bhawanigarh , Sangrur - Best Matriculation Schools - Justdial". t.justdial.com. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "List of Schools in Bhawanigarh (Sangrur), Punjab | Schools in India". allindiafacts.com. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- School, Heritage Public. "Heritage Public School - Heritage". www.heritagepublicschool.com. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Punjab is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|