Clockwise from top:
Bhuvanagiri Fort Main Entrance, Bhuvanagiri Fort on Diwali, Bhuvanagiri Bus Terminal & Railway station, Rock Climbing school, other pics belongs to Bhuvanagiri Fort, Hyderabad Metropolitan City Area
|Metropolitan||Hyderabad Metropolitan Region|
|Named for||Tribhuvana Malla Vikramaditya VI(King of Fort)|
|• Type||Municipal Council|
|• Body||Bhuvanagiri Municipal corporation(4th Oldest in T.S)|
|• MLA||Pailla Shekar Reddy|
|• MP||Komatireddy Venkat Reddy|
|• Total||76.537 km2 (29.551 sq mi)|
|Elevation||430 m (1,410 ft)|
|• Rank||35th in Telangana|
|• Density||720/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu ,|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TS-30 |
(previously TS-05 and AP-24)
Bhongir, officially known as, Bhuvanagiri is a district headquarters of the Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district and part of the Hyderabad Metropolitan Region of the Indian state of Telangana. Falling under Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority, the town is located on National Highway 163 & National Highway 161AA (India), about 47 km from state capital Hyderabad Central Point
Bhuvanagiri Fort is one of the isolated monolithic rocks carved by the Western Chalukya ruler Tribhuvanamalla Vikramaditya VI and was thus named after him as Tribhuvanagiri. This name gradually became Bhuvanagiri and subsequently Bhongir.
The fort is associated with the rule of the Kakatiya queen Rudramadevi and her Grandson Prataparudhra.
The town was constituted as a city Municipality in the year 1910(4th Oldest in Telangana). Subsequently, it constituted a Municipality in the year 1952, and recently as per the Government orders 3 Nos. Gram panchayats namely Raigiri(North East), Pagidipalli(West) & Bommaipally(South) Areas have been merged in Bhuvanagiri Municipality and town having spread over 76.537 km2. The famous Pilgrim of Lord Yadadri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple has located nearby 13 km.
Bhuvanagiri is located at  It has an average elevation of 329 metres (1,079 ft)..
As of 2011 India census, Bhuvanagiri had a population of 53,339. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Bhuvanagiri has an average literacy rate of 70%, less than the national average of 74.04%; with male literacy of 78% and female literacy of 61%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As of 2012/2022 India. Bhuvanagiri is Town in Telangana state, Bhuvanagiri Mandal population in 2022 is 132,529. According to the 2011 census of India, the Total Bhuvanagiri population is 103,538 people living in this Mandal, of which 52,720 are male and 50,818 are female. The population of Bhuvanagiri in 2021 is 128,387 Literate people are 66,957 out of 38,396 are male and 28,561 are female. Total workers are 44,778 depending on multi-skills out of which 28,234 are men and 16,544 are women. A total of 5,476 Cultivators are dependent on agriculture farming out of 3,577 are cultivated by men and 1,899 are women. 9,474 people work in agricultural land as labor in Bhuvanagiri, men are 3,775 and 5,699 are women.
- Gajwel 45 km
- Nearest Bus station: Bhuvanagiri (Platform:16)- 0 Km
- Nearest Railway Station: Bhuvanagiri (Platform:3) Code:BG- 2.5Km
- Nearest Railway Division(All Trains): Secunderabad Code:SC-47Km
- Nearest Airport: RGIA Hyderabad(Shamshabad)-69Km
There are Five theatres in Bhuvanagiri, including the following: Currently after Covid, Only Three Theatres are running are running in Bhuvanagiri Town.
- Omkar 70mm A/c 
- Vasundhara Theatre
- Bhadradri Theatre
- KJR Theatre(Bharat Theatre-Closed)
- Nearest Multiplex Theatre and Shopping mall are at MJR Asian Cine Square, Narapally, Hyderabad is around 25Km.
There are certain notable landmarks in the town. Bhuvanagiri Fort is one such structure.
Rock Climbing School (RCSB)
- "District Census Handbook – Nalgonda" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13,52. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Census 2018". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Revenue divisions and mandals in Yadadri district" (PDF). The official website of Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district. Revenue Department, Telangana. 11 October 2016. pp. 3, 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 April 2019. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "Bhongir Fort is a shutterbug's paradise". The Hindu. 9 October 2004. Archived from the original on 14 October 2004.
- "Bhongir at Fallingrain.com". fallingrain.com.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Alphabetical list of towns and their population" (PDF). censusindia.gov.in. 8 July 2014.
- "Bhuvanagiri Population (2021/2022), Mandal Village List in Nalgonda, Telangana".
- "Members : Lok Sabha".
- "Telangana State Portal MLAs".
- "Cinemas in Bhuvanagiri - Cinema Halls and Movie Theatre Near You in Bhuvanagiri". Paytm. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
-  The Hindu 4 October 2013.
- "It's the climb!". The New Indian Express.