Bhopal Tablighi Ijtema
|Native name||بھوپال تبلیغی اجتماع|
|Venue||Masjid Shakoor Khan and Taj-ul-Masajid|
|Location||Bhopal, Ghasipura since 2005|
|Also known as||
|Cause||For the Enlightenment of Muslims and to spread the message of peace|
|Organised by||Tablighi Jamaat and other associated muslim organisations and madarsas|
Bhopal Tablighi Ijtema is an annual Islamic Ijtema (congregation) or Aalmi Ijtema held in Bhopal, India, in the month of December. The three day congregation includes discussions about faith and peace.
The first ijtema was organised in 1949 at Masjid Shakoor Khan in Bhopal's old walled city. After the event grew, the venue was changed to Taj-ul-Masajid . Since 2005 because of the heavy crowd the venue has been shifted to Ghasipura, 11 km from Bhopal.
Ijtema is held on a Saturday, Sunday and Monday every year in December. Jamaats gather from around the world. The congregation begins with Fajr salah on Saturday morning followed by a series of lectures from different Muslim scholars and clerics. A break is given after dhuhr namaz. The program continues all weekend and concludes with final prayers on Monday afternoon. Mass marriages also takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
Scholars speak on a variety of subjects including the Islamic way of life and the Six Principles. After the final prayer, Jamaats are formed which then travel around the world to preach a about Islam. About a million people gather for Final prayers and half a million stay on Ijtema ground during the three days. People from different societies come here to listen to peace talks and to learn about Islam.
The government of Madhya Pradesh provides electricity, water supply and security along with parking places for the convenience of Jamaats. Jamaats from different parts of the world as far as from west also attend this congregation. Translators for people from foreign countries, and translators for deaf and dumb are also provided by Ijtema committee.
- Network, IBN7. "Historical Facts".
- "Preparations underway for int'national Tablighi Ijtima in Bhopal". twocircles.net. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Network, Zee news. "History".
- "63rd annual Tablighi Ijtema begins in Bhopal". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Network, Zee news. "It starts on saturday".
- "Green Tablighi Ijtima Draws World Muslims". onislam.net. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "66th Aalmi Tablighi Ijtima from Dec 14". dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Deccan Herald: Photo Gallery". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Shuriah Niazi; Correspondent. "Third largest annual Muslim congregation begins". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Thousands arrive for Alami Tablighi Ijtima - Hindustan Times