|Native name||भोपाल मेट्रो|
|Owner||Bhopal Municipal Corporation|
|Locale||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Transit type||Light metro|
|Number of lines||19 (planned)|
|Number of stations||89 (planned)|
|System length||85 km (53 mi) (planned)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary|
The Bhopal Metro is a rapid transit light metro system proposed for the city of Bhopal, India. The total system consists of 5 corridors covering a distance of 85 kilometres (53 mi). This project will cost ₹80 billion (US$1.2 billion) approximately. There will be three types of run – on road, on bridges, and underground in some locations.
Three corridors have been proposed by DMRC.
- M.P.Nagar to Mandideep
- Suruchi Nagar to BHEL (9km, 9 stations)
- Bairagarh to Mandideep
The planned Metro in Bhopal is a light metro system. This system consists of a Network of 80 km and with lines overlapping and branching. In May 2013. Ar. Rohit Gupta (Rohit Associates Architects & Engineers Pvt.Ltd) consultants were appointed to prepare a detailed project report for the MRTS including the selection of the system for the city. Based on the multicriteria analysis and recommendations of consultants, the Government of Madhya Pradesh approved the inception report prepared by the consultant on 30 June 2014. As of 2 December 2014[update] Geotechnical surveys and formation of the company is being carried on for the implementation of the project. The project will be completed by 2021 with first phase in 2019.
- "Proposed survey for Bhopal metro rail a right step: E Sreedharan – India – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "DMRC surveys Bhopal for metro rail service". Hindustan Times. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "BJP promises light metro in Bhopal and Indore". dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon