|Native name||भोपाल मेट्रो|
|Owner||Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation|
|Locale||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Transit type||Rapid Transit|
|Number of lines||2 (under construction)|
|Number of stations||86 (planned)|
|Train length||6 coaches|
|System length||65.244 mi (105.000 km) (planned)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC OHE|
|Average speed||32 km/h|
|Top speed||90 km/h|
The Bhopal Metro is an under construction rapid transit system which for the city of Bhopal, India. The total system consists of 2 corridors covering a distance of 27.87 kilometres (17.32 mi). This project will cost ₹80 billion (US$1.1 billion) approximately. There will be three types of run – on road, on bridges, and underground in some locations.
Two corridors have been proposed by DMRC.
- AIIMS to Karond Circle
- Ratnagiri Tiraha to Bhadbhada Square
The planned Metro in Bhopal is a heavy metro system. This system consists of a Network of 105 km and with lines overlapping and branching. In May 2013. Ar. Rohit Gupta (Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd) consultants were appointed to prepare a detailed project report for the MRTS including the selection of the system for the city. Based on the multicriteria analysis and recommendations of consultants, the Government of Madhya Pradesh approved the inception report prepared by the consultant on 30 June 2014. As of 2 December 2014[update] Geotechnical surveys and formation of the company is being carried on for the implementation of the project. The project will be completed by 2021 with first phase in 2019. DPR approved by State Cabinet.
- Oct 2018: DPR is approved by central government.
- Nov 2018: Tendering may start in December.
- Dec 2018: Soil testing started. 
- Jan 2019: Construction Of Elevated Viaduct Between Shubash Nagar And AIIMS Starts
- "Proposed survey for Bhopal metro rail a right step: E Sreedharan – India – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "DMRC surveys Bhopal for metro rail service". Hindustan Times. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon