Bhopal School of Social Sciences
|Motto||"Towards A Better World"|
|Chairman||The Most Rev. Dr.Leo Cornelio|
|President||The Most Rev. Dr.Leo Cornelio|
|Principal||Rev Fr. Dr. Johnney P.J.|
|Affiliations||Barkatullah University, Assumption University, UGC|
The Bhopal School of Social Science (popularly known as BSSS) is located in the city of lakes, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. BSSS was established in 1972 by the founding chairman of the college, the then Archbishop of Bhopal, Dr. Eugene D'souza, in response to the felt need of the time for a broad based, job oriented curriculum with focus on social service and entrepreneurship. Over the course of the past 43 years BSSS has evolved into one of the premier educational institutes of Madhya Pradesh. It is an autonomous college and accredited A grade by NAAC.
Initially known for its Social Sciences and Management courses, which are indeed its novelty but it grew and diversified to meet the changing needs of time and education, with the introduction of courses in B. Com, B.B.A, B.C.A., and many others. The Undergraduate programmes were further developed with the addition of Post Graduate courses in social work, English literature, Commerce and Business Administration. The college offers an International MBA through collaboration with Assumption University, Bangkok in keeping with our sensitivity to global needs. This is a twinning programme where students do part of their studies at BSSS and go on to complete the programme at The Assumption University.
- 1 Administration
- 2 Courses
- 3 Campus
- 4 Alumni
- Dr. Leo Cornelio - Chairman & President
- Rev. Fr. Cyriac James - Treasurer
- Rev. Fr. Mathew V C - Member
- Rev. Fr. Francis Scaria - Member
- Rev. Fr. George Stephen - Member
- Rev. Fr. Philip K.P - Member
- Rev. Fr. Vincent Suarez - Member
- Rev. Fr. Ronald Cardosa - Member
- Rev. Fr. Suman Tirkey - Member
- Rev. Fr. Melvin - Member
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Joseph P.P - Member
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Johnney P.J. - Secretary
Head Of Department
- Department of Education - Fr. Dr. Joseph P.P
- Department of English - Dr Jagtar Kaur Chawla
- Department of Humanities - Dr Vinay Mishra
- Department of Management - Mrs. Sunita Anand
- Department of Commerce - Dr. Ashish Dilraj
- Department of Computers - Mrs. Archana Naik
- Department of Social Work - Mrs. Sheeba Joseph
- Department of Economics - Ms Geetu Choudhary
Under Graduate Courses
- B.A (Management)
- B.A (Social Work) Hons.
- B.A (Economics) Hons.
- B.A (English Literature) Hons.
- B.Com. (Honors)
- B.Com. (Insurance)
- B.Com. (Computer)
- B.Com. (Tourism)
- B.Com. (Foreign Trade)
- B.Com. (Economics)
- B.Com. (Taxation)
Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- PG Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- PG Diploma in Human Rights (PGDHR)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Development (PGDHRD)
Post Graduate Courses
- M.A (English Literature)
- M.A (Social Work)
- M.A (Sociology)
- M.A (Economics)
- M.Com (Management & Taxation)
- M.Sc (Computer Science)
- Business English Certificate (BEC) University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- TCI – Theme-centered interaction
- T groups - Sensitivity training
- Family Life Education
- Certificate Course in Spoken English
- CPT - Common Proficiency Test
- Tax Planning
- Managerial Skills
- Business Communication Skills
- Elementary Computer Certificate Course
- Certificate in Graphics & Animation
- French Language
Many students have taken advantage of this programme and after doing 6 months of training at BSSS they have attended Assumption University, Bangkok, where they completed their programme. The management and faculty of AU, Bangkok has rated the performance of BSSS students as Good in academics, inter-personal relations, public speaking and extracurricular activities. An effort to consolidate the ties between BSSS and Assumption University was made by sending Dr. Sr. Johnsy, Head Of Department (Commerce) and Dr. Vinay Mishra, Head Of Department (Humanities). The college also hosted guests from Assumption University in the college.
BSSS is situated on the fringe of the BHEL Township, half a kilometer from the Habibganj Railway station. The strategic location makes it easily accessible from the BHEL Township, Bhopal City as well as the University. It has a campus of 20 acres (81,000 m2), Coordinates: .
The academic blocks are divided into various department. A few blocks were added later owing to the increase in the number of students being enrolled. Currently, there are various department where classes, faculty offices and other administrative entities are located. The classes also have audio-visual facility.
College has a library.
BSSS also has hostel facility for girls. Hostel is within the campus.
The institute has one of the finest computing infrastructure with 24-hour Internet connectivity and 100+ PCs. The campus is also fully WiFi enabled.
The Auditorium is situated within the academic blocks. It is capable of seating nearly 500 people and plays host to most of the functions and guest lectures held at the college.
India is one of the most diverse countries in the world when it comes to culture and religions. As a result, the celebration of religious festivals has always been an important part of Indian culture. Indians enjoy celebrating their differences and sharing their traditions with others and due to the variety of different groups in India, there is a festival celebrated most days out of the year in some part of the country. Traditional Day is observed as a celebration of India's diverse culture. It’s a day designated for people to come in traditional attire from their home state, or specific culture of their choice.
The Alumni are the pride of the institution and a reminder of its achievements. The college has a proactive Alumnus whose presence is a motivation for the present students.
President - Bhavna Dubey
Vice Presidents - Avantika Shrivastava, Sumeet Maheshwari, Girish Agrawal
General Secretary - Tarun Moolchandani
Treasurer - Vini Dheer
Joint Secretaries - Pranav Pradhan, Sumeet Mehta, Kavita Surana Jain