Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate
|Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate|
Logo of Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate
|Motto||We Care-We Dare|
|Formed||January 01, 2008|
|Employees||Commissioner of Police
Additional Deputy Commissioners
Assistant Police Inspectors
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Governing body||Government of Odisha|
|Headquarters||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate, established in 2008, is a city police force with primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within the metropolitan area of Bhubaneswar-Cuttack (respectively the capital and the former capital of the Indian state of Odisha). It was formed under the Orissa Urban Police Act, 2003 by a gazette notification which came into effect on 1 January 2008. It has 43 police stations under its jurisdiction. Yogesh Bahadur Khurania , IPS is currently the Commissioner of the Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate.
Structure and jurisdiction
The Police Commissionerate is situated at Bhubaneswar, and is divided into two urban police districts- Bhubaneswar and Cuttack. The Commissionerate is responsible for law enforcement over the urban agglomeration of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack with the help of 43 police stations under it. The Commissionerate is headed by the Commissioner of Police, who is an Indian Police Service officer in the rank of Inspector-General of Police (IGP). The Commissioner is assisted by two Additional Commissioners. There are six Deputy Commissioners of Police (D.C.P), Law Officer, Public Relation Officer, Accounts Officer and 31 Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, 68 Inspector/ Subedars and a large number of other officers & ministerial staffs to assist the commissioner. The police stations are headed by an Inspector.
- Saheed Nagar
- Mahila Police Station, Rajpath
- Spl. Energy, Power House Square
- Traffic Police Station, A.G Square
- Spl. Energy
- CDA Phase-II
- Traffic NH Phulnakhara
- "Evolution". Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Police Stations". Bhubaneswar-Cuttack Police Commissionerate. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Organisational Structure". Bhubaneswar–Cuttack Police Commissionerate. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Particulars of Organization, Functions and Duties". RTI Orissa. Archived from the original on 18 December 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.