|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
|Assumed office |
|Born||30 June 1969 (age 50)|
Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence||Pandara Park, New Delhi|
Bhupender Yadav (born 30 June 1969) is an Indian politician. He is a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha, representing the state of Rajasthan, a position he has held since 2012. He was re-appointed in April 2018. He is the National General Secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Early life and career
Yadav was born in Ajmer, Rajasthan on 30 June 1969. He received his bachelor's degree and Bachelor of Laws degree from Government College, Ajmer. In 2000, he was appointed the all India General Secretary Of Akhil Bhartiya Adhivakta Parishad (All India Lawyers Council). He held this position until 2009. He was the government council for the Liberhan Ayodhya Commission of Inquiry and the Justice Wadhwa Commission (Graham Staines inquiry). He has also filed a number of Public Interest Litigations (PILs) in the Supreme Court.
Yadav was appointed as National Secretary of Bhartiya Janata Party in 2010 by Nitin Gadkari, the then national party President. On 4 April 2012 he was elected as a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha. Yadav was the war room strategist behind securing convincing victories for his party in the assembly elections of Rajasthan (2013), Gujarat (2017), Jharkhand (2014) and Uttar Pradesh (2017). His electoral success is irrespective of state, demography or culture. Yadav is the election in-charge for Bihar.
Joint Committee on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 ("IBC"), which came into effect on May 28, 2016, is considered as an important legislation for early detection of financial sickness of any corporate debtor and to deal with such sickness in a time bound manner by allowing the implementation of the effective resolution plan, if the same is viable. IBC sought to address the lacuna in the existing banking regime and provide a consolidated framework for the insolvency of companies, limited and unlimited liability partnerships, and individuals. In January 2019, the Supreme Court of India upheld the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 in its entirety, tossing out a batch of petitions that had challenged the constitutional validity of several provisions, including the one that has barred the promoters of defaulting companies and “connected persons” from bidding for stressed assets. The Code is being hailed for providing a mechanism for time-bound recovery of dues from insolvent debtors in India and for contributing to the ease of doing business in India. In the World Bank's latest Doing Business Report (DBR, 2019), India has recorded a jump of 23 positions against its rank of 100 in 2017 to be placed now at 77th rank among 190 countries assessed. In 2014, India had dropped to a dismal 142nd rank in DBR.
The IBC Parliamentary Panel also pitched for faster and enhanced payment of workmen dues and employee wages in the corporate insolvency process.
Yadav has chaired 12 Parliamentary Committees, and been a member in multiple Parliamentary Committees:
|Parliamentary Committee||Capacity||Duration/ Time|
|Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice, 2018||Chairman||September 2018 – Present|
|General Purposes Committee, 2018||Member||October 2018 – Present|
|Business Advisory Committee, 2018||Member||June 2018 – Present|
|Joint Committee on the Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017||Chairman||Aug 2017|
|Content Advisory Committee of Rajya Sabha Television||Member||May 2017|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty Third Amendment) Bill, 2017||Chairman||April|
|Joint Parliamentary Committee on Security in Parliament House Complex||Member||Aug 2016|
|Committee on Public Accounts||Member||Aug 2016|
|Committee on Commerce Member, General Purposes Committee||Chairman||July 2016|
|Committee of Transport, Tourism and Culture||Member||July – Aug 2016|
|Joint Committee on the Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provisions
(Amendment) Bill, 2016
|Chairman||May – July 2016|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016||Chairman||March – May 2016|
|Joint Committee on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015||Chairman||Jan – April 2016|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2013||Chairman||Dec 2015 – Aug 2016|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the
Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty Second Amendment) Bill, 2014
|Chairman||May 2015 – July 2015|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015||Chairman||March 2015|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Repealing and Amending Bill, 2014||Chairman||Dec 2014 – Feb 2015|
|Rajya Sabha Select Committee on GST Bill||Chairman||2014 – May 2015|
|Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Defence||Member||Sept 2014|
|Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice||Member||Sept 2014 – July
|Committee on Subordinate Legislation||Member||Sept 2014 – July
|Committee on Industry||Member||Sept 2014 – July
|Business Advisory Committee||Member||June 2014|
|Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011||Member||June 2012 – Nov 2012|
|Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice||Member||May 2012 – May 2014|
|Committee on Subordinate Legislation||Member||May 2012 – May 2014|
- "Bhupender Yadav, Shri". India.gov.in. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Bhupender Yadav". PRS. 7 June 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "National office bearers". Bharatiya Janata Party. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Biography | Bhupender Yadav". Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "The rise & rise of Bhupendra Yadav". dna. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Delhi Confidential: Committee Man". The Indian Express. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "IBC: Committee Of Creditors Should Include Operational Creditors - Insolvency/Bankruptcy - India". www.mondaq.com. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Cross-Border Insolvency: Breaking Down The Indian Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code, 2016 - Insolvency/Bankruptcy - India". www.mondaq.com. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Insolvency code passes Supreme Court muster". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "India Improves Rank by 23 Positions in Ease of Doing Business". pib.nic.in. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "India drops to dismal 142nd in 'ease of doing business' rankings - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Srivats, K. R. "Corporate Insolvency: Parliamentary Panel seeks better deal for workmen". @businessline. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Committee : Loksabha". 188.8.131.52. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice". PRS. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Ahmad, Furqan (2009). "Review of Supreme Court and Forest Conservation (2nd ed.) by Ritwick Dutta and Bhupender Yadav". Journal of the Indian Law Institute. 51 (1): 114–117. JSTOR 43953431.
|This article about a Rajasthan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|