This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018)
|Title||Chairman and managing director of T-Series|
|Spouse||Divya Khosla Kumar|
|Relatives||Krishan Kumar Dua (uncle)|
Tulsi Kumar (sister)
Bhushan Kumar Dua (born 27 November 1977) is an Indian film producer and music producer. He is the chairman and managing director of Super Cassettes Industries Limited, also known as T-Series. He is known for his work in Bollywood.
Kumar took control of the music company T-Series in 1998, along with his younger brother Krishan Kuamar, after the murder of his father, Gulshan Kumar. He went on to become the chairman and managing director of the company.
As managing director, Kumar diversified the company's business into electronics, CDs, audio/video tapes and cassettes and film production. For this and for popularising Indian music overseas, he was honoured by the Government of India's Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council.
After firming his company's presence in the music market, Kumar ventured into making films. Kumar has made financially successful films such as Tum Bin, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Patiala House, Ready and Lucky: No Time for Love.
In 2013, Kumar produced Nautanki Saala. The same year, Bushan Kumar released a remake of Aashiqui, Aashiqui 2. Aashiqui 2 proved to be a turning point for Bhushan's production house as it was considered to be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2013.
Kumar's subsequent projects included such films as Yaariyan, a youth-based film helmed by his wife Divya Khosla Kumar. In 2014, Kumar revived B.R. Chopra Films with Bhoothnath Returns. He then entered the genre of horror thriller with Creature 3D, starring Bipasha Basu and Imran Abbas and directed by Vikram Bhatt.
On 3 April 2017, Kumar signed a contract with Akshay Kumar for the film Mogul, which is an official biopic based on the life of his father. However, Akshay Kumar quit the film and Aamir Khan agreed to do the part, only to quit and return later.
Bhushan Kumar was born in a Punjabi family in Delhi to the founder of T-Series, owner Gulshan Kumar and his wife Sudesh Kumari Dua. Kumar married Divya Khosla on 13 February 2005 at the Maa Vaishno Devi shrine in Katra. They have a son born in October 2011.
Awards and nominations
|2018||Best Film||Hindi Medium||Won|||
- Kumar, Bhushan (14 September 2012). "New Direction". Screen India. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Kumar, Bhushan (17 September 2012). "Music will always be the soul of a film: Bhushan Kumar". DNA. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- "More Than 55 Filmfare Nominations For Bhushan Kumar's T-Series". NDTV.com. Retrieved 24 May 2021.
- Nautanki Saala (13 July 2012). "Bhushan Kumar to co-produce Rohan Sippy's next". Screen India. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Aashiqui 2 (11 June 2012). "T-Series & Vishesh Films' AASHIQUI 2 to release in December 2012". Bollywood Trade. Archived from the original on 26 January 2020. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- "Aashiqui 2 Second Highest Grosser Of 2013, Beats Special 26 | Koimoi Top 10 – Movies List". Koimoi. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Madhur Bhandarkar (7 November 2012). "Madhur Bhandarkar to direct film for T-Series". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Milan Untitled (22 June 2012). "Saif in a T-Series film to be directed by Milan Luthria". Indian Express. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Bhushan Kumar (3 April 2017). "Akshay and Bhushan Kumar sign Mogul in a Shiva temple". Deccan Chronicle.
- "The clash of the Jollys". Deccan Chronicle. 25 November 2019. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "Akshay Kumar's Mogul: All you need to know about Gulshan Kumar". India Today. 15 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2022.
- Marriage (1 March 2005). "Bhushan Kumar marries Divya Khosla". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Son (14 October 2011). "Bhushan Kumar blessed with a boy". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 26 February 2021.
- Maru, Vibha (24 June 2020). "Feeling so depressed: Marina Kuwar in new post after Sonu Nigam's video warning Bhushan Kumar". India Today. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- "'No one knows how badly these incidents affect your life': Marina Kuwar's cryptic post after Sonu Nigam names her in video". Hindustan Times. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- "Mumbai: T-Series MD Bhushan Kumar's closure report rejected in rape case by court". Firstpost. PTI. 19 April 2022. Retrieved 18 June 2022.
- Thakur, Pradeep (2 December 2018). "T-Series CMD grilled for 'tax evasion', Income Tax searches on properties". Times of India. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "Toolsidas Junior trailer: Sanjay Dutt turns snooker coach in Rajiv Kapoor's final film. Watch". Hindustan Times. 19 February 2022. Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- "Hansal Mehta unveils first poster of Pratik Gandhi starrer Dedh Bigha Zameen, shoot begins today in Jhansi". Bollywood Hungama. 18 August 2021. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- "Aditya Roy Kapur begins shoot of Bhushan Kumar and Murad Khetani's Thadam remake on Dussehra". Bollywood Hungama. 15 October 2021. Retrieved 15 October 2021.
- "Kartik Aaryan, Kriti Sanon-starrer Shehzada begins production, books Nov 2022 release date". Outlook. Retrieved 15 October 2021.
- "Fardeen Khan and Riteish Deshmukh starrer Visfot goes on floors". Bollywood Hungama. 19 October 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Nominations for Filmfare Awards 2017". Filmfare. Retrieved 13 March 2022.
- "Nominations For The 66th Vimal Elaichi Filmfare Awards 2021". Filmfare. 25 March 2021. Retrieved 25 March 2021.