This article needs to be updated.(March 2018)
|Traded as||BSE: 500055, NSE: BHUSANSTL, ISIN: INE824B01021
BSE SENSEX Constituent
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Brij Bhushan Singal
(vice chairman and managing director)
|Products||Cold rolled, galvanised, Bhushan Galume, colour coated tiles, drawn tubes, strips, wire rods, alloy billets, sponge iron|
Bhushan Steel Limited is the largest manufacturer of auto-grade steel in India Bhushan Steel, with a large amount of debt in proportion to its equity (3.5 times more), is a highly leveraged company. The company's consolidated debt stands at ₹31,839 crore, having risen 18 per cent from a year ago. The Company is spending Rs. 260 billion to expand its capacity to 12 million tonnes annually, from the present installed capacity of around one million tonnes.
Financials and management
Gross sales of Bhushan Steel grew from Rs.5 billion in 2001 to Rs.40 billion in 2007. It earned net profits of Rs.3.13 billion in 2007 and exported goods worth Rs.12.57 billion. Its exports include steel for both the automotive and white goods industry and the list of countries to which it exports includes several developed countries.
Brij Bhushan Singal is chairman of the board of directors of Bhushan Steel. Neeraj Singal is the managing director of Bhushan Steel Limited.
The Khopoli plant in Maharashtra was commissioned in 2004 and has been producing colour-coated sheets, high-tensile steel strappings, hardened and tempered steel strips for the first time in India, along with CRCA steel to cater to the needs of the automobile industry.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Analysts' picks: Ambuja, Cairn India, Cadila, RCom, Bhushan Steel". The Economic Times, 9 February 2008. Retrieved 19 February 2008.
- "Bhushan Steel to spend Rs 260 bn hike capacity to 12 mn ton". Iris, 11 February 2008. Retrieved 19 February 2008.
- "Bhushan Steel confirms setting up of projects worth Rs260bn". India Infoline, 11 February 2008. Archived from the original on 16 May 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2008.
- "Bhushan Steel Ltd. (formerly Bhusan Steel & Strips)". Bhushan Steel Limited. Archived from the original on 17 April 2008. Retrieved 19 February 2008.
- "L&T moves NCLT to be declared as secured creditor in Bhushan Steel insolvency", Live Mint, 8 March 2018
- Bhushan Steel - Khopoli
- "Bhushan Power & Steel". Bhushan Limited. Retrieved 19 February 2008.