Bialogue, a portmanteau of the words bisexual and dialogue, is an American activist/political group that started in New York City, working on issues of local, national & international interest to the bisexual, fluid, pansexual, queer-identified communities and their allies. Bialogue's mission is to dispel myths and stereotypes about bisexuality, address biphobia and bisexual erasure, educate the public on the facts and realities of bisexuality and advocate for the bisexual community. Its slogan is "Taking Action not just Offense".
BiPAC the "Bisexual Political Action Committee" (founded in 1989), was an explicitly militant activist political group dedicated to confronting & eradication biphobia and Bisexual erasure wherever it was found. In addition to working on issues exclusive to NYC's bisexual community, BiPAC also worked in conjunction with other NYC LGBT & progressive groups of their day including ACT-UP, Queer Nation, Irish Lesbian and Gay Organization, Children of the Rainbow, Por Los Niños, Coalition for a District Alternative (CoDA), etc.
The Coalition for Unity and Inclusion (founded 2000) was a coalition of bisexual and transgender activists who drew support from reform minded directors of the more traditional LGBT organizations, liberal politicians as well as the grass-roots bisexual and transgender community. They used such tactics as letter writing campaigns, petition drives and an innovative "feedback campaign" to achieve their goals.
The original impetus for founding both BiPAC and the Coalition for Unity and Inclusion was to combat instances of blatant biphobia within the larger NYC LGBT community. Bialogue, which emerged in response to the flap over the 'Bailey Study' which attempted to invalidate bisexuality itself,[verification needed][unreliable source?] has always worked closely with such established bisexual organizations as BiNet USA, the Bisexual Foundation and the Bisexual Resource Center as well as mainstream LGBT groups such as GLAAD.
- "find Bisexual, Fluid, Pansexual, Queer-identified & Bi-Friendly Communities in the USA". BiNet USA. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Hilton M. Briggs Library Resource Guide: Gay and Lesbian Pride Month June 2007 South Dakota State University
- "''Taking Action not just Offense''". Bialogue. 2007-04-06. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "New York Area Bisexual Network - Our History page". Nyabn.org. 2001-07-12. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- New York Times Suggests Bisexuals Are "Lying": Paper fails to disclose study author's controversial history July 8, 2005 Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting
- "Bisexuality Study: NYT Gives Prominence To Disgraced Researcher". Americablog.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Bialogue: BiNet USA". Bialogue.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "BiNet USA: American Institute of bisexuality". Bialogue.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Bialogue: GLAAD". Bialogue.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.