Golodryga in 2010
June 15, 1978 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Spouse(s)||Peter R. Orszag (m. 2010)|
|Children||Jake Spencer Orszag|
Early life and education
Golodryga was born in 1978 to a working class Jewish family in Moldavian SSR. In 1980, her family moved to Houston, Texas. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, with a degree in Russian/East European & Eurasian studies and a minor in economics. She is fluent in Russian.
Golodryga began her career in television as a producer at CNBC before becoming an on-air correspondent there. Prior to CNBC, she worked in the financial services industry. In 2004, Golodryga was named one of the top journalists under the age of 30. She was a correspondent for ABC between 2007 and 2010, and was named co-anchor of the weekend edition of Good Morning America in May 2010, following the departure of former co-anchor Kate Snow, who went to work for NBC. She served as weekend co-anchor of Good Morning America until August 4, 2014, when she departed for Yahoo. She has guest-hosted on Way Too Early and is a regular contributor to Morning Joe on MSNBC.
- Mirkinson, Jack (2010-09-28). "Bianna Golodryga, Peter Orszag Get Married". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Somaiya, Ravi (July 18, 2014). "Bianna Golodryga Leaving ABC To Join Yahoo News". The New York Times.
- The Jewish Week: "Tim Boxer At Jewish Women's Foundation" May 17, 2012
- New York Times: "Peter Orszag to Wed ABC News Reporter" By JACKIE CALMES December 28, 2009 \"'She’s a Russian Jew,' he said, 'who gets up earlier than I do.'"
- "Bianna Golodryga Biography: Anchor, 'Good Morning America' Weekend Edition; ABC News' Business Correspondent". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "30 Under 30 Past Classes". Newsbios.com. 2010-02-12. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Spangler, Todd (July 18, 2014). "Yahoo Hires ABC ‘Good Morning America’ Weekend Anchor Bianna Golodryga". Variety.
- "51A29627_001". NBCUniversal Archives. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Boston Bomb Suspect's Dad Learns of Son's Capture: 'Tell Police Everything'". 2013-04-19. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "CFR Membership Roster". CFR.org. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- Knox, Merrill (April 2, 2012). "ABC’s Bianna Golodryga Gives Birth to Baby Boy". Adweek. Retrieved November 10, 2015.