Golodryga in 2010
June 15, 1978 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Spouse(s)||Peter R. Orszag (m. 2010)|
Jake Spencer OrszagMaia Isabel Orszag
Bianna Golodryga (born June 15, 1978) is the news and finance anchor at Yahoo and a contributor to MSNBC's Morning Joe. She was previously co-anchor of the weekend edition of ABC's Good Morning America.
Early life and education
Golodryga was born in 1978 in Moldova, Soviet Union, to a working class Jewish family. In 1980, her family moved to Houston, Texas. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, with a degree in Russian/East European & Eurasian studies and a minor in economics. Not surprisingly, for a native of the former Soviet Union, she is fluent in Russian.
Golodryga began her career in television as a producer at CNBC before becoming an on-air correspondent there. Prior to CNBC, she worked in the financial services industry. In 2004, Golodryga was named one of the top journalists under the age of 30. She was a correspondent for ABC between 2007 and 2010, and was named co-anchor of the weekend edition of Good Morning America in May 2010, following the departure of former co-anchor Kate Snow, who went to work for NBC. She served as weekend co-anchor of Good Morning America until August 4, 2014, when she left it to join the business and finance news department of Yahoo. She has guest-hosted on Way Too Early and is a regular contributor to Morning Joe on MSNBC.
Golodryga is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She is also a regular columnist for the Huffington Post. In 2015, she was named one of the "Top Hottest And Sexiest Female News Anchors In The World" by the website ABCNewspoint.
She is the daughter of Vitaly and Zhanna Golodryga. Her mother Zhanna is the Chief information officer of Hess Corporation and her father, a mechanical engineer, was a consultant for DuPont. In September 2010, she married Peter R. Orszag, the former Director of the Office of Management and Budget for the Obama Administration and the forthcoming managing director and vice chairman of investment banking at Lazard. They have one son and one daughter.
- Mirkinson, Jack (2010-09-28). "Bianna Golodryga, Peter Orszag Get Married". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Somaiya, Ravi (July 18, 2014). "Bianna Golodryga Leaving ABC To Join Yahoo News". The New York Times.
- The Jewish Week: "Tim Boxer At Jewish Women's Foundation" May 17, 2012
- New York Times: "Peter Orszag to Wed ABC News Reporter" By JACKIE CALMES December 28, 2009 \"'She’s a Russian Jew,' he said, 'who gets up earlier than I do.'"
- "Bianna Golodryga Biography: Anchor, 'Good Morning America' Weekend Edition; ABC News' Business Correspondent". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "30 Under 30 Past Classes". Newsbios.com. 2010-02-12. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- Spangler, Todd (July 18, 2014). "Yahoo Hires ABC 'Good Morning America' Weekend Anchor Bianna Golodryga". Variety.
- "51A29627_001". NBCUniversal Archives. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Boston Bomb Suspect's Dad Learns of Son's Capture: 'Tell Police Everything'". 2013-04-19. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "CFR Membership Roster". CFR.org. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Bianna Golodryga - The Huffington Post".
- Top 10 Hottest And Sexiest Female News Anchors In The World 2015. ABCNewspoint
- "Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Oil and Gas: The List - Oil-Gas Diversity Council".
- "Bianna Golodryga, Peter R. Orszag". The New York Times. 26 September 2010.
- "Dan Harris named GMA Weekend co-anchor".
- "Bloomberg Business: Lazard Hires Citigroup's Orszag for Mergers, Acquisitions". Bloomberg. February 24, 2016.
- Knox, Merrill (April 2, 2012). "ABC's Bianna Golodryga Gives Birth to Baby Boy". Adweek. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "A Mother's Day Like No Other for Bianna Golodryga".