Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Bias or bias in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bias is an inclination towards something, or a predisposition, partiality, prejudice, preference, or predilection.
Bias may also refer to:
- Confirmation bias, tendency of people to favor information that confirm their beliefs of hypothesis
- Cognitive bias, any of a wide range of observer effects identified in cognitive science.
- See List of cognitive biases for a comprehensive list
- Cultural bias, interpreting and judging phenomena in terms particular to one's own culture
- Funding bias, bias relative to the commercial interests of a study's financial sponsor
- Infrastructure bias, the influence of existing social or scientific infrastructure on scientific observations
- Media bias, the influence journalists and news producers have in selecting stories to report and how they are covered
- Publication bias, bias towards publication of certain experimental results
Mathematics and engineering
- Bias (statistics), the systematic distortion of a statistic
- Exponent bias, the constant offset of an exponent's value
- Personal equation, a concept in 19th- and early 20th-century science that each observer had an inherent bias when it came to measurements and observations
- Biasing, a voltage or current added to an electronic device to move its operating point to a desired part of its transfer function
- Grid bias of a vacuum tube, used to control the electron flow from the heated cathode to the positively charged anode
- Tape bias (also AC bias), a high-frequency signal (generally from 40 to 150 kHz) added to the audio signal recorded on an analog tape recorder
- Bias, Landes, on the coast in southwestern France
- Bias, Lot-et-Garonne, in southwestern France
- Bias, West Virginia, a community in the United States
- Bias Bay, now called Daya Bay, in Guangdong Province, China
- Bias River, a river in north-western India
- Bias of Priene, one of the Seven Sages of Greece
- Fanny Bias (1789–1825), French dancer, one of the first who raised on pointes
- Len Bias (1963–1986), basketball player
- Bias (mythology), multiple figures in Greek mythology
- Bias Brahmin, a Brahmin community found in India
In other areas
- BIAS (Berkley Integrated Audio Software), a software company specializing in sound processing software such as Peak and SoundSoap
- Bias (book), a book by journalist Bernard Goldberg
- Bias (bird), the genus of the black-and-white shrike-flycatcher
- Bias (textile) of a woven fabric, the 45-degree diagonal line along which it is most stretchable
- Bias frame, an image obtained from an opto-electronic image sensor, with no actual exposure time
- Bias ratio (finance), an indicator used in finance to analyze the returns of investment portfolios, and in performing due diligence
- Bremer Institut für angewandte Strahltechnik (BIAS), a research institute dedicated to applied laser optics
- Belgian International Air Services (BIAS), a former airline from Belgium (1959–80)
- Birla Institute of Applied Sciences (BIAS), a higher education institute located in Bhimtal, Uttaranchal, India
- All articles with titles beginning with "Bias"
- All articles with titles containing "Bias"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bias.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.