From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Bibai in Hokkaido (Sorachi Subprefecture)
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Sorachi Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Mikio Takahashi|
|• Total||277.61 km2 (107.19 sq mi)|
|Population (March 31, 2013)|
|• Density||89.2/km2 (231/sq mi)|
|• Bird||Greater white-fronted goose|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City Hall Address||1-1, Minami Itchōme, Nishi San-jō, Bibai-shi, Hokkaidō
- 1890 The village of Numakai was founded.
- 1925 Numakai village became Numakai town.
- 1926 Numakai was renamed Bibai.
- 1950 Bibai town became Bibai city.
- 1982 Bibai Dam was completed.
- Hokkaido Bibai Shoei High School
- Hokkaido Bibai Seika High School
School for special needs
- Hokkaido Bibai School for Special Needs
Hakodate Main Line Minami-Bibai Branch Line used to run from Bibai to Minami-Bibai.
Straight line section of Route 12 is the longest in Japan.
- (Japanese) Official website
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|