5.2.3 / December 23, 2011
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X and Linux|
Bibble is a digital imaging program for multiple platforms by Bibble Labs, designed to assist photographers in post-production work and efficient optimization of images created in the Raw image format. After Bibble was acquired by Corel, it was sold as Corel AfterShot Pro and Bibble was discontinued.
Bibble 5 is an upgrade to Bibble 4 with the intent of cleaning up and rewriting some of the codebase, updating the GUI, and adding features to the platform.
The software exists in a Pro and a Lite package.
Added features in version 5
- Image editing tools include selective editing and layers
- Asset management tools
- Metadata tools
- Faster processing and better support of multi-processor systems
Third-party plugins for Bibble 5
- Harry - Black & White Converter Using a Color Equalizer
- Sally - Color Enhancer Tool Using a Color Equalizer
- iNDA - Simple Black/White Film Simulator
- Lay - Layer transparency editor
- SplitToni - Split toning for highlights and shadows
- Sean Puckett Plugins - Coming soon, most of the best Sean Puckett Bibble 4 plugins for Bibble 5
- Ghost Writer - Text or logo overlays
- Grid - Overlay a grid pattern over an image
Added features in version 5.1
Bibble 5.0 shipped with some functionality missing which Bibble 4 supported, but Bibble 5.1 adds the following features (and more). Additionally, a lite version is available.
- Heal & Clone brush
- Perfectly Clear
- Web Gallery output
- Auto-Contrast feature
- Ability to install third-party plugins
- Additional support and features to Bibble's plugin SDK
- Added support for additional cameras
- Added lens calibration parameters for various lenses.
- Numerous issues resolved.
Built-in plugins for Bibble 5.1
- Black And White - Black & White with Spot Color
Bibble 4 was supported from October 2004 with their initial release of Bibble 4.0 up until May 2008 when the last version, 4.10, was released. After which no more bug fixes or cameras were added to it and the project was basically closed while Bibble 5 development was ongoing. Bibble 4 is considered deprecated at this point and is no longer supported or sold.
Features from version 4
- RAW conversion.
- Post-processing of RAW and JPEG images; e.g. white balance setting, exposure, contrast, fill-light, etc.
- Plug-in architecture.
- Color management, courtesy of ColorFlow.
- Noise reduction, courtesy of Picturecode Noise Ninja.
- Shadow and highlight enhancement, courtesy of Athentech Perfectly Clear.
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Apple Aperture
- Corel AfterShot Pro (Bibble successor)
- "Bibble Labs Releases Version 4.9 Upgrade, Including Clone & Healing Tool, Sensor Correction and 5-Star Ratings". 2006-09-22. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "B5 Preview and new forums section". 1 February 2009. Archived from the original on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Bibble Labs: Plug-ins". Archived from the original on 23 July 2008. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- "Kodak and Bibble Announce Technology Agreement". Orlando. 2006-02-24. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "Bibble Pro to include Noise Ninja NR: Digital Photography Review". 2002-02-17. Archived from the original on 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "Athentech licenses Perfectly Clear to Bibble" (PDF). 2006-04-07. Retrieved 2008-05-10.[dead link]
- "Bibble Labs: Perfectly Clear". Archived from the original on 23 July 2008. Retrieved 17 July 2008.