Bibiana Campos Seijo
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2019)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2019)
Bibiana Campos Seijo is an editor, publisher, and media executive currently employed as the Editor-in-Chief of Chemical & Engineering News. She is also vice president of the C&EN Media Group. C&EN is published by the American Chemical Society, the world's largest scientific society by membership.
Bibiana Campos Seijo, Ph.D.
|Alma mater||Universidad de Santiago de Compostela|
Manchester Metropolitan University
Campos Seijo received her BSc degree (licenciatura) in chemistry from the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela in Spain. Her doctoral studies were undertaken at Manchester Metropolitan University in the United Kingdom.
Career and Outreach
Campos Seijo began her publishing career in the UK as a technical editor at the European Respiratory Society. Her first Editor-in-Chief assignment came as head of a suite of pharmaceutical technology titles at Advanstar Communications, now part of UBM. In 2009, she became Editor-in-Chief of Chemistry World, the monthly news magazine published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.  In 2014 she took on her current role at C&EN and moved to Washington, DC.
Under Campos Seijo's leadership, C&EN has undergone a radical transformation, evolving into a modern media organization that is "home for ambitious journalism that reaches chemical scientists all over the world". C&EN's overhaul has resulted in new a complete revamp of the brand, including design, layout and user experience in print and online, as well as an editorial shift towards topical and global coverage.
This change has stimulated a greater focus on innovation and the development of a series of products aimed at supporting the digital expansion of the C&EN brand, including the implementation of a metered paywall, use of AI to drive its content recommendation engine or the launch of a voice skill for Amazon Echo devices. 
Other initiatives of note include the establishment of internationally recognized awards programs, including the Talented 12   and the Brazilian Women in Chemistry and Related Sciences Award sponsored by C&EN and CAS, as well as content sharing partnerships   for the distribution of C&EN content translated into Spanish, Chinese and Portuguese.
In 2017, Campos Seijo and her team at the ACS started a custom content studio aimed at serving the needs of chemical and pharmaceutical organizations inside C&EN, dubbed "C&EN BrandLab".
This transformation has garnered the magazine several accolades, including EXCEL's Best Feature Article, Folio:'s Overall Editorial Excellence and Long Form Feature Content, and Connectiv's Innovation awards.  
To further the public image for chemistry, Campos Seijo presents at global scientific conferences as a publishing and outreach thought leader. She has appeared at the Conferencia Latino Americana de Quimica (CLAQ) in Havana, Cuba, the World Conference of Science Journalists (WCSJ) in San Francisco, US, and the European Chemical Society (EuChemS) conference in Liverpool, UK. in addition to prominent roles at most ACS National Meetings.
She has also become a champion of diversity in the chemical sciences through her support of the European and International Young Chemists Networks, her activities in Latin America and through C&EN by organizing the first sexual harassment symposium at an ACS National meeting as well as collaborating with the Gordon Research Conferences to bring their Power Hour to ACS members.
Outside of work, Campos Seijo is an avid powerlifter and in 2016 she broke a world record for her age and weight class. She volunteers as a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Education Committee for Association Media & Publishing. She is also a judge for the Esselen awards.
- "Campos Seijo, Bibiana". American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Speakers". www.siia.net. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Advanstar is now UBM Advanstar". Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- March 2009, Bibiana Campos Seijo30. "Editorial". Chemistry World. Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- "American Chemical Society selects new leaders". 2014 Year in Chemistry. 2014-12-18. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Powerful chemistry". Pages, Lane Press magazine. 2019-03-06. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Using voice activated technology to deliver industry news". 2019-02-20. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Talented 12: Chemical & Engineering News announces its 2018 rising stars in chemistry". EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "The Talented 12 Class of 2018: Live in Boston". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "The Talented 12 class of 2017: Live in DC". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "C&EN em português". Boletim electronico da SBQ. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Noticias". Sociedad Colombiana de Ciencias Químicas. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Una toxina de E. coli asociada al cáncer de colon daña el ADN". Revista C2 - Ciencia y Cultura. 2019-05-03. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "The American Chemical Society introduces C&EN BrandLab, a custom content studio for advertisers". www.nfais.org. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Editor's Desk: C&EN wins EXCEL awards". C&EN Media Group. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "2018 Eddie awards winners". Foliomag. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Connectiv Innovation awards winners 2019". Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "La química habla español". SCCQ (in Spanish). 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Bibiana Campos-Seijo–10th World Conference of Science Journalists, San Francisco 2017". wcsj2017.org. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Chemistry, The Royal Society of (2018-04-05). "Designed by and for young chemists". www.rsc.org. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Bertozzi, Carolyn R. (2016-07-27). "Exercise Your Brain". ACS Central Science. 2 (7): 430–431. doi:10.1021/acscentsci.6b00194. ISSN 2374-7943. PMC 4965850. PMID 27504487.
- Bibiana (2016-05-22). "Beating #deadlift #worldrecord for my age/weight category yesterday: 320 lb #powerlifting Feels great!pic.twitter.com/552uXOQgAc". @bibianacampos. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Leadership". Association Media & Publishing. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Gustavus John Esselen Award". North Eastern Section of the American Chemical Society Awards. Retrieved 2019-05-02.