This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fernández in 2018
13 February 1954|
Tangier, Tangier International Zone
|Other names||Bibi Andersen|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, model|
She was born as Manuel Fernández Chica and spent her childhood in Málaga. She was assigned male at birth and began hormone treatments as an adult. She completed her sex reassignment surgery in 1991 and changed the name on her national identity card from Manuel to Bibiana in 1994.
After a period of making shows in several of Barcelona's vaudeville locations, she made her debut in movies in Vicente Aranda's film Cambio de Sexo (Sex Change).
After this movie, she became a celebrity all over Spain, making appearances and releasing several hits songs such as "Call Me Lady Champagne" and "Sálvame".
In the 1980s, she began working with film director Pedro Almodóvar and was cast in many of his movies. She also has hosted several television shows and acted in more films.
She was married to Asdrúbal Ametller from 2000 to 2003.
- 1980 - Bibi Andersen (album)
- 1980 - "Call Me Lady Champagne" (single)
- 1980 - "Sálvame" (single)
- 1982 - "Canto" (single)
- Cambio de Sexo (1977)
- La noche más hermosa (1983)
- Matador (1986)
- La ley del deseo (1987)
- Rowing With the Wind (1988)
- Tacones lejanos (1992)
- Acción mutante (1993)
- Kika (1993)
- Más que amor, frenesí (1996)
- Román, Manuel (2017-02-17). "Los hombres de Bibiana Fernández (y el más duro golpe que encajó)". Chic (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Bibiana Fernández, a olvidar sus problemas económicos cocinando". El Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Bibiana Fernández". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about an actor-model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|