||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 13, 1954 |
Tangier, Tangier International Zone
|Other names||Bibi Andersen|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, model|
She was born with the name Manuel and spent her childhood in Málaga. She later went to Barcelona to fulfill her dream of being an artist. After a period of making shows in several of Barcelona's vaudeville locations, she made her debut in movies with a Vicente Aranda film, Cambio de Sexo (Sex Change).
Thanks to this movie, she became a celebrity all over Spain, making appearances and releasing several single song hits such as "Call me Lady Champagne" and "Sálvame".
In the 1980s, she began working with renowned film director Pedro Almodóvar and was casted in many of his movies. After that, she hosted several television shows and acted in more films.
- 1980 - Bibi Andersen (LP, Album)
- 1980 - Call Me Lady Champagne (Single)
- 1980 - Sálvame (Single)
- 1982 - Canto (Single)
- Cambio de Sexo (1977), by Vicente Aranda
- La noche más hermosa (1983), by Manuel Gutiérrez Aragón
- Matador (1986) by Pedro Almodóvar
- La ley del deseo (1987)
- Tacones lejanos (1992)
- Acción mutante by Álex de la Iglesia (1993)
- Kika (1993), by Pedro Almodóvar
- Más que amor, frenesí (1996) by Alfonso Albacete, Miguel Bardem and David Menkes
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about an actor-model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|