|Available in||1218 languages|
YouVersion (also known as Bible.com or the Bible App) is an online and mobile Bible platform published for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and many other operating systems; it also supports a variety of other platforms. YouVersion (Bible.com) has the bible in 1218 languages and in 1741 translations. Audio Bibles for popular versions, offline capabilities, as well as over 800 Bible Plans on specific topics, portions of the Bible, the entire Bible, and devotionals are available.
November 2013 brought around the introduction of the Bible App for Kids, which 13 months later had 5 million installations in 6 languages.
In April 2014, YouVersion released version 5 of the Bible App, which added features for community engagement and scripture discussion. The Bible App has been downloaded more than 200 million times.
In April 2015, The Bible App became available on the Apple Watch and included functionality for reading the Verse of the Day, viewing trending verses, as well as the ability to jump to your own Verse Images, Bookmarks, and Highlights.
In August 2016, YouVersion announced that the Bible App became the first mobile app in history to offer text content in over 1,000 languages.
By April 2017, YouVersion had been downloaded over 268 million times. The app had 1492 versions of the Bible, in 1074 languages.
Bible App Features
- Bible reader: Reading the Bible on the mobile device.
- Reading Plans: Hundreds of plans help users read the Bible regularly by serving up daily selections of Scripture.
- Personalization: Notes, bookmarks, and highlights help users personalize their interaction with Scripture, much as they might with a print Bible.
- Synced between platforms: Users can pick up where they left off whether they are reading on their computer, phone, or tablet. Reading plans, bookmarks, notes and more are accessible on all platforms.
- Social network connections: Sharing favorite verses and reading plan progress on Twitter and Facebook.
- Notes: Users can journal thoughts privately or choose to share them with others. The community can access all of the contributions for a verse simply by clicking on it and viewing related notes.
- Offline: Some versions are available for download directly to mobile devices for use in airplane mode or when outside of network coverage.
- "Bible languages and translations". Bible.com. 26 July 2018.
- "Hundreds of version - The Bible App". Bible.com. 26 July 2018.
- BILL SHERMAN, tulsaworld.com, Lifechurch.tv's Bible app attracts millions of users, USA, January 4, 2011
- KATHERINE T. PHAN, christianpost.com, YouVersion Bible App Creator Makes 100 Most Creative People List, USA, May 31, 2011
- AMY O’LEARY, nytimes.com, In the Beginning Was the Word; Now the Word Is on an App, USA, JULY 26, 2013
- "What if millions of children all over the world fell in love with the Bible?". YouVersion Blog. 18 January 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Murashako, Alex (April 23, 2014). "Bible App 5 Shows YouVersion Still on Track to Engage the World in Scripture". The Christian Post. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- "The Bible is everywhere". youversion.com. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- SUSAN ARPIN, charismanews.com, YouVersion Upgrades Bible App to Build Community, USA, April 14, 2014
- Klett, Leah (10 April 2015). "YouVersion to Release Updated Version of Bible App for Apple Watch". gospelherald.com. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Now Available: The Bible App for Apple Watch | YouVersion". blog.youversion.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "The Bible App is Now Available on Amazon Echo | YouVersion". blog.youversion.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "The Bible App is the first app in history to offer text content in 1,000 languages! | YouVersion". blog.youversion.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- Jean Hopfensperger, startribune.com, God on the go: Bible apps offer mobile inspiration, USA, MAY 13, 2017
- "Google Assistant can now read Bible passages to fit your mood". VentureBeat. 2017-04-01. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
.com /YouVersion /
.youtube .com /user /youversion