English cover of the Bible Black visual novel
|Genre||Drama, Horror, Romance, Hentai, Futanari|
|Released||July 14, 2000|
|Original video animation|
|La noche de Walpurgis|
|Directed by||Sho Hanebu (epi. 1-4)
Kazuyuki Honda (epi. 05-06)
|Released||July 25, 2001 – June 25, 2003|
|Runtime||28 minutes each|
|Original video animation|
|Released||May 25, 2002 – August 25, 2002|
|Runtime||28 minutes each|
|Original video animation|
|Released||April 25, 2004 – December 25, 2008|
|Runtime||27 minutes (epi. 1-5)
35 minutes (epi. 6)
|Original video animation|
|Released||July 25, 2005 – April 25, 2006|
|Runtime||27 minutes (epi. 1-2)
10 minutes (epi. 3)
Bible Black (バイブルブラック Baiburu Burakku?) is an erotic PC video game developed by ActiveSoft and published on July 14, 2000. Sei Shoujo is the original creator of the games artwork, character design and penned the original script for the game.
Milky Studio has since made several adult anime adaptations. The first adaptation, simply titled Bible Black, consisted of six episodes animating numerous scenes from the video game. The following year, a two-episode OVA titled Bible Black: Origins was released, which served as a prequel to the events of Bible Black. In April 2004, Milky Studio produced a sequel series titled Bible Black: New Testament, which follows the exploits of the original characters ten years after Bible Black takes place. The latest OVA adaption, Bible Black Only, consists of gaiden stories explaining what happened to various characters during the plot of Bible Black.
The Japanese game was republished in 2006 as Bible Black Slim, featuring extended scenes, followed by a short sequel, named Bible Black Infection, in 2008. Original artist/writer Sei Shoujo was not involved with either of these, as he had left ActiveSoft by this time.
The game takes place in an academy rumoured to have been the base of operations for a coven twelve years prior to the premier installment. This witchcraft club practiced black magic in a storage room in the basement. The main plot takes place on the rediscovery of a magic book and its use by a group of young priestesses, led at the time by Hiroko Takashiro, who becomes curious as to what effects the book might have on spellbound people.
- Taki Minase (水無瀬 多喜 Minase Taki?)
- The main character, an academy student who discovers the book (known as "Bible Black") in a school basement and becomes a pawn of powerful forces.
- Kurumi Imari (伊万里 胡桃 Imari Kurumi?)
- Minase’s childhood friend and de facto girlfriend. She comes over to wake Minase up every morning. She knows everything about Minase, and tries to help him in every way. Note: She is black belt holder of shrinji kempo and very tough. She is good at cooking and takes care of Minase when Yukiko is away.
- Hiroko Takashiro (高城 寛子 Takashiro Hiroko?)
- The academy art professor. She’s in charge of the art club, which both Minase and Imari are part of. She’s very popular among the students for her good looks and personality.
- Reika Kitami (北見 麗華 Kitami Reika?)
- The mysterious, seductive academy nurse and the main antagonist of the series. She seems to take a liking for Minase, and she knows about his experiments with black magic. She has a lengthy history. As a teenager with an innocent personality, she was a student at the academy twelve years ago. After a long chain of events, she was eventually used as a sacrificial virgin in a ritual for the original Witchcraft Group (which was originally led by Miss Takashiro, though she left the group before the ritual). However, since she was in fact not a virgin (as a result of rape) at the time of the sacrifice, the ritual went horribly awry, causing the group's new leader to slaughter the other members in rage. Finally, the Gates of Hell start to open. Reika, having miraculously lived through being stabbed multiple times as the sacrifice, gets up from the altar and uses the last of her strength to kill the group's leader. She reluctantly agrees with Satan to make a contract with him, in order to stay alive. This turned her into the person she is now. Now, the time that Satan gave her to live is running out, and she is searching for a new female virgin body to use as a reincarnation. In order to do this, she holds special counseling sessions for the female students. Having the ability to turn her clitoris into a fully functioning penis, she has sex with the female student during the session in order to see if she is a virgin. After learning that Miss Takashiro was in fact the leader of the group that used her as a sacrifice (although she was not the leader when she was sacrificed), she seeks revenge on her and uses her in many torturous experiments.
- Kaori Saeki (佐伯 香織 Saeki Kaori?)
- Minase’s classmate. She’s obsessed with the occult, and has established a new occult group based on the one from twelve years ago. She knows a lot about black magic, and her fortune telling is very popular. She becomes interested in Minase after learning about Minase possessing the book.
- Rika Shiraki (白木 里香 Shiraki Rika?)
- Wealthy president of the student council, she’s very popular among the boys and is infatuated with Minase.
- Jun Amatsuki (天月 純 Amatsuki Jun?), Ayumi Murai (村井 亜由美 Murai Ayumi?), Mika Ito (伊藤 美香 Itō Mika?), Maki Kurimoto (栗本 真紀 Kurimoto Maki?)
- Members of Saeki’s occult club.
- Shinobu Kobayashi (小林 忍 Kobayashi Shinobu?), Miyuki Nonogusa (野々草 美由紀 Nonogusa Miyuki?), Mikimoto (美樹本?)
- Members of the academy swim team.
- Yukiko Minase (水無瀬 由起子 Minase Yukiko?)
- Minase’s live-in cousin and guardian, she is strong-willed person who both bullies and teases him. Having learned Latin and French in grade school, she (in the game, at least) helps Minase translate the contents of the book.
Bible Black: Origins characters
- Nami Kozono (小園 奈美 Kozono Nami?)
- A mysterious raven-haired lesbian who was the president of the student council.
- Junko Mochida (持田 潤子 Mochida Junko?)
- Nami Kozono's lover, she is also on the student council but experiences social rejection.
Taki Minase, an academy student, finds a strange book in the isolated storage room of his school. His cousin translates the Franco-Latin-Hebraic writings and finds them to be instructions for dark magic. He begins practicing black magic, from which he temporarily appears to benefit until evil comes forth from the dark craft. Eventually, the origins of the book are revealed, as is the incident on Walpurgis Night twelve years prior, when evil was supposedly strongest. Coming to his senses, Minase struggles to get himself out of the darkness into which he has put himself and his best friend and secret love, Kurumi Imari. The game has twelve different endings, and the storyline often diverges based on choices made by the player, which influence "neutral" endings, "chaos" endings and "law" endings. However, its developers regard only one outcome as the "true" ending. Bible Black was published in English in 2006, under the name Bible Black: The Game after ActiveSoft shut down.
Bible Black (バイブルブラック Baiburu Burakku?, Bible Black) is the first animated video adaptation of the video game. Academy student Taki Minase finds a strange book while exploring a room in the school's basement. Upon some research of the Franco-Latin-Hebraic writings, he realizes that they are instructions for dark magic. Using the magic, Minase is able to influence Rika Shiraki to fall in love with him and to help his friend Ayumi Murai influence a boy to fall in love with her. Reika Kitami, the school nurse, hears of his magical acts and decides to sway him to her because she wants the book for herself. Twelve years prior, Kitami was to be sacrificed but made a deal to survive. As her new life is now running out, she needs a girl to act as a vessel for another reincarnation. Kaori Saeki also notes Minase's magic acts and persuades him to come to one of her witchcraft club meetings. He brings Kitami with him and she takes over the club.
Kitami holds private counselling sessions, trying to find the girl she needs. Kitami pursues Imari, who has been missing school, and kidnaps and tortures the art teacher, Hiroko Takashiro. Minase realizes that he loves Imari and must save her. With the help of Takashiro and the Bible Black, he finds a spell that Takashiro believes will stop Kitami's scheme. On Walpurgis Night, Kitami plans to reincarnate herself in Imari through sex and suicide, but Minase interrupts and casts his spell on Kitami, which apparently causes the so-called reincarnation ritual to fail and Kitami to die. The series ends with Minase and Imari confessing their love for each other and having sex. Saeki plans to steal the book, but Imari destroys it and reveals herself as a hermaphrodite, showing that Kitami's ritual succeeded. Kitami, now in Imari's body, proceeds to rape Saeki.
All six episodes of Bible Black have since been re-cut as a 110-minute film titled Bible Black Complete Version (バイブルブラック 完全版 Baiburu Burakku Kanzenban?). The series was controversially aired as a "midnight movie" at a time when other anime films were being played on youth station Teletoon, supposedly as an accident as a result of nobody checking what was screened. Only the first 30 minutes were played.
Cast and characters
|Character||Japanese actor||English actor|
|Taki Minase||Osamu Tokita, Takuya Hiramatsu (first two episodes only)||Chris Sasson|
|Kurumi Imari||Kaori Nishijima||Josephine Clemens|
|Hiroko Takashiro||Nagisa Futami, Akemi Kimura (first two episodes only)|
|Rika Shiraki||Rika Koyama||Cinthia Gough|
|Kaori Saeki||Haruna Kanbayashi||Michelle Duhard|
|Reika Kitami||Michiru Shirozaki||Christie Tibodeaux|
|Mika Ito||Kimika Sasa||Louise Moran|
|Yukiko Minase||Kanan Yuzuki|
|01||"School of Black Magic"
"Kuromajutsu no Gakuen" (黒魔術の学園)
"Kuro no Gishiki" (黒の儀式)
"Kuro no Ikenie" (黒の生贄)
"Kuro no Aibu" (黒の愛撫)
"Kuro no Bansan" (黒の晩餐)
"Kuro no Kōrin" (黒の降臨)
Bible Black: Origins
Baiburu Burakku: Gaiden (バイブルブラック 外伝?, Bible Black: Side Story) is the game's second animated video adaptation, released on May 25, 2002. Set about twelve years before the events of the original video adaptation, Hiroko Takashiro and Reika Kitami are now students at the school, and several new characters are also introduced. The first episode opens with two female students, Nami Kozono and Junko Mochida, having sex in a classroom after school. In another classroom, Hiroko Takashiro and two friends, Rie Morita and Saki Shindou, are reading Tarot cards. They receive a fortune reading: Great change is upon you. Something will change your life completely. Nami soon interrupts them and says that they should leave. Berating the group for their interest in witchcraft, Hiroko warns them to not take it lightly.
Reika Kitami transfers to the school, and Rie finds the titular Bible Black in an antique store and shares it with Hiroko and Saki. Nami, the head of the student council, denies the girls' request to start a witchcraft club. Hiroko and her friends begin to translate the Franco-Latin-Hebraic text of the Bible Black, and plan to get revenge on Nami. They cast a simple spell on Nami's lover, Junko, who is publicly humiliated before the whole school. Meanwhile, Nami attempts to flirt with Reika, but this makes her uncomfortable. Nami offers to tutor Reika, then sexually assaults her but is fought off by Reika.
Hiratani, a male student obsessed with Nami, gets the group to put a spell on Nami to make her fall in love with him, and she finds herself hopelessly infatuated. Hiroko, Rie and Saki begin to make money from casting similar love spells on others. Desperate for Hiratani's attention, Nami begs Hiroko and her friends to make Hiratani love her forever. Nami arranges for them to use the school basement, but Hiroko casts a "release spell", causing her to come to her senses. Nami, however, is disgusted to find that Hiratani is still infatuated with her and has him violently assaulted by thugs. Nami then begins to pursue Reika again, but Reika slaps Nami and calls her crazy. Eager for revenge, Nami asks to join Hiroko's club (now called "Rose Cross"). Hiroko allows her in, amused at how eager Nami is to join after initially mocking them.
The group decides to summon a demon, supposedly to get Satan on their side. They slaughter a puppy, and the demon violently rapes Hiroko, sending her to hospital. With Walpurgis Night approaching, Nami makes herself leader of Rose Cross. Her thugs kidnap and gang-rape Reika. Hiroko leaves the hospital and urges the group to stop using magic. She fails to convince them, and is ousted by Nami and the rest of the group, and Rie and Saki force her into a closet. Reika is sacrificed, but the "gates of hell" do not open. Nami slaughters the other members, including Hiroko's friends, and stands in front of the gates to chant to Satan. Reika—severely injured but still alive—uses the last of her strength to stab Nami to death. Reika then gives her soul to Satan in exchange for prolonging her rapidly ebbing life. Hiroko finds the ritual ended and the members of Rose Cross (Nami, Rie, and Saki included) savagely slaughtered.
Cast and characters
|Character||Japanese actor||English actor|
|Mochida Junko||Midori Sakioka||Cynthia Gough|
|Seiji "Hiratani" Hiraya||Yasuteru Momozawa||Fred Arons|
|Hiroko Takashiro||Nagisa Futami||Michelle Duhard|
|Nami Kozono||Kaori Sanada||Christie Tibodeaux|
|Saki Shidou||Yoko Iwatani||Mike Cruise|
|Reika Kitami||Michiru Shirozaki||Josephine Clemens|
|Rie Morita||Noriko Kitani||Patty Comeau|
"Kuro no Kokuin" (黒の刻印)
"Kuro no Saidan" (黒の祭壇)
Bible Black: New Testament
Shin Baiburu Burakku (新・バイブルブラック?, New Bible Black), is the third installment of the OVA series. Years have passed since Walpurgis Night, and the girls of the Witchcraft Club have all graduated and made their way in the world. Both Shiraki and Saeki become teachers at their school, while Takashiro becomes a nun. Imari has become a police woman, who serves as a psychic investigator in the Tokken division. Her team is looking into a series of horribly gruesome murder cases that all happened during sexual intercourse.
Strangely, witnesses see a ghostly figure at the crime scenes. Saeki restarts the Witchcraft Club with a new crop of girls, but it's unclear at first, if she is fighting Kitami or helping her. Meanwhile, Imari and her Tokken subordinate, Aki, are caught up in a bank robbery conducted by occult robbers. An impromptu ceremony performed at the scene causes Kitami to take over the possessed Imari. In the aftermath, Imari steals the Lance of Longinus from the bank vault that the robbers were after.
Imari/Kitami has found the virginal "Scarlet Woman" in Aki. She indulges in the sexual ceremony with her using the Lance of Longinus. Meanwhile, the ghostly figure, identified as Jody Crowley, and Takashiro both interfere with the ceremony but with different intentions. The Lance becomes permanently lodged within Aki's vagina and she is now targeted by the various forces of black magic.
The final ceremony climaxes with the black magic forces of Imari/Kitami and Jody Crowley competing over the Scarlet Woman. Attacks fly all around while Takashiro and Captain Yuge struggle to defeat both of them and end the dark ceremony. When Jody seems to emerge triumphant, the Lance of Longinus reappears out of Aki and reanimates the original grimoire, Bible Black. The devil emerges to take the souls of contract: Reika Kitami and Jody Crowley. A final effort by Takashiro manages to seal the grimoire while Jody's soul is taken and Kitami manages to possess Jody's body instead. The final scene seems peaceful with everybody content with the world, but in one of the final shots, Aki's laptop screen saver happens to be several images of a menacing Kitami, hinting a possible future installment to the series.
Most of the characters from Bible Black return in New Testament, however, Minase doesn't appear and is only mentioned once.
All six episodes of New Testament have since been recut as a 120-minute film titled New Bible Black Complete Version: Restored ~Rinne~ (新・バイブルブラック完全版 Restored 〜輪廻〜 Shin Baiburu Burakku Kanzenban Restored ~ Rinne ~?), and in addition contain extended animation.
Bible Black Only
Bible Black: Onrī-hen (Bible Black オンリー版?) consists of seven short films, which depict sexual side stories that take place around the time of the original series.
|01||"Bible Black Only Version: La Noche de Walpurgis Vol. 1: Takashiro Hiroko Hen•Itō & Suieibu Hen•Saeki Hen"
"Bible Black Only Han Vol. 1: Takashiro Hiroko Hen•Itō & Suieibu Hen•Saeki Hen" (Bible Black オンリー版 Vol. 1: 高城寛子編・伊藤＆水泳部編・佐伯編)
|Three short films:
* "Takashiro Hiroko Hen: Shokuin Toire de..." (高城寛子編：職員トイレで…?, "At the Faculty Room Toilet..."): Takashiro is assaulted by the vice-principal in a toilet stall.
* "Itō & Suieibu Hen: Himitsu no Tokkun" (伊藤＆水泳部編：秘密の特訓?, "Secret Lesson"): Various students, mostly members of the swim team, have an orgy in a locker room.
* "Saeki Hen: Jitsuroku Kōishitsu" (佐伯編：実録・更衣室?, "Events in the Locker Room"): Saeki masturbates and is joined by two male students. This was originally released with the movie on September 25, 2003.
|"Imari Rape Scene"
"Imari Ryōjoku Genba" (伊万里 凌辱現場)
|A ten minute Bible Black Only short released on January 25, 2006 as part of the box set; currently not commercially available in Region 1/English.
* Imari is sexually assaulted by a male student at school.
|02||"Bible Black Only Version: La Noche de Walpurgis Vol. 2: Saeki Hen•Yukiko Hen•Takashiro Hen"
"Bible Black Only Han Vol. 2: Saeki Hen•Yukiko Hen•Takashiro Hen" (Bible Black オンリー版 Vol. 2: 由起子編・佐伯編・高城編)
|Three short films:
* "Saeki Hen: Dōtei Kari / Inbusuru Akuma-tachi" (佐伯編：童貞狩り 淫舞する悪魔達?, "Virgin Hunting/Obscene Dance of the Devils"): Members of the magic club gather ingredients for a black magic spell.
* "Yukiko Hen: Himitsu no Chōkyō" (由紀子編：秘密の調教?, "Secret Torture"): Yukiko Minase cannot control her lust and is sexually dominated by one of her professors.
* "Takashiro Hen: Sore wa Sensei..." (高城編：それはセンセイ…?, "That's a Teacher"): Takashiro fantasizes about an orgy with her male students. This was originally released with the movie on September 25, 2003.
- "Bible Black -La noche de walpurgis-" (in Japanese). Getchu.com. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack オンリー版 VOL.1 高城寛子編・伊藤＆水泳部・佐伯編" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BIBLE BLACK ONLY" (in Japanese). Erotoku DVD (エロとくDVD). Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "Full Cast – Bible Black Only (OVA) (episodes 1 to 6)". Crystal Acids. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack 完全版" (in Japanese). MS Pictures. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack 完全版" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "Bible Black コンプリートBOX" (in Japanese). Getchu.com. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack オンリー版 VOL.2 由起子編・佐伯編・高城編" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- Official Region 1 website for the game at Kitty Media
- Bible Black (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black Origins (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black Only (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black: New Testament (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Screenshots and reviews of the game at Universal Videogame List
- Bible Black at the Internet Movie Database
- Bible Black Origins at the Internet Movie Database