English cover of the Bible Black visual novel
|Genre||Drama, Horror, Romance, Hentai, Futanari|
|Released||July 14, 2000|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Sho Hanebu (epi. 1-4)
Kazuyuki Honda (epi. 05-06)
|Released||July 25, 2001 – June 25, 2003|
|Runtime||28 minutes each|
|Original video animation|
|Released||May 25, 2002 – August 25, 2002|
|Runtime||28 minutes each|
|Original video animation|
|Released||April 25, 2004 – December 25, 2008|
|Runtime||27 minutes (epi. 1-5)
35 minutes (epi. 6)
|Original video animation|
|Released||July 25, 2005 – April 25, 2006|
|Runtime||27 minutes (epi. 1-2)
10 minutes (epi. 3)
Bible Black (Japanese: バイブルブラック Hepburn: Baiburu Burakku?) is a eroge video game developed by ActiveSoft and published on July 14, 2000 by Kitty Games. Sei Shoujo is the original creator of the game's artwork and character design and penned the original script for the game.
Milky Studio has since made several sexually violent and pornographic anime adaptations. The first adaptation, simply titled Bible Black, consisted of six episodes animating scenes from the video game. The following year, a two-episode video animation titled Bible Black: Origins was released, which served as a prequel to the events of Bible Black. In April 2004, Milky Studio produced a sequel series titled Bible Black: New Testament, which follows the exploits of the original characters ten years after Bible Black takes place. The latest video adaption, Bible Black Only, consists of gaiden stories, spinoffs explaining what happened to various characters during the plot of the main story.
The Japanese game was republished in 2006 as Bible Black Slim, featuring extended scenes, followed by a short sequel, named Bible Black Infection, in 2008. Original artist/writer Sei Shoujo was not involved with either of these, as he had left ActiveSoft by this time.
- 1 Setting
- 2 Characters
- 3 Bible Black: Origins characters
- 4 Bible Black: New Testament characters
- 5 Anime
- 6 Notes
- 7 External links
The game takes place in an academy rumoured to have been the base of operations for a coven twelve years prior to the premier instalment. This witchcraft club practiced black magic in a storage room in the basement. The main plot takes place on the rediscovery of a magic book and its use by a group of young priestesses, led at the time by Hiroko Takashiro, who becomes curious as to what effects the book might have on spellbound people.
- Taki Minase (水無瀬 多喜 Minase Taki?)
- The main character, an academy student who discovers the book (known as "Bible Black") in a school basement and becomes a pawn of powerful forces.
- Kurumi Imari (伊万里 胡桃 Imari Kurumi?)
- Minase’s childhood friend, she wakes him up every morning, knows everything about him and tries to help him. She holds a black belt in shōrinji-kempō, is a good cook and cares for Minase when his cousin Yukiko is away. Chosen by Kitami as a vessel for reincarnation, she is abducted for a ceremony, the success of which varies. In the game it depends on the ending, while the original video animation adaptions imply that the ritual fused Kitami's and Imari's souls together.
- Hiroko Takashiro (高城 寛子 Takashiro Hiroko?)
- An art professor at the academy, she supervises the art club, of which both Minase and Imari are members. Popular among the students, she has a strong knowledge of magic, and was the leader of the original witchcraft club. Because of her role in the club, Kitami holds a grudge against her. She later helps Minase save Imari.
- Reika Kitami (北見 麗華 Kitami Reika?)
- The academy nurse, she is the main antagonist of the series. She takes a liking to Minase, knows about his experiments with black magic and is searching for a new female body to reincarnate in.
- Kaori Saeki (佐伯 香織 Saeki Kaori?)
- Minase’s classmate, she is obsessed with the occult, and has established a new group based on one from twelve years ago. She tells fortunes and becomes interested in Minase after learning that he has the book.
- Rika Shiraki (白木 里香 Shiraki Rika?)
- Wealthy president of the student council, she’s very popular among the boys and is infatuated with Minase.
- Jun Amatsuki (天月 純 Amatsuki Jun?), Ayumi Murai (村井 亜由美 Murai Ayumi?), Mika Ito (伊藤 美香 Itō Mika?), Maki Kurimoto (栗本 真紀 Kurimoto Maki?)
- Members of Saeki’s occult club.
- Shinobu Kobayashi (小林 忍 Kobayashi Shinobu?), Miyuki Nonogusa (野々草 美由紀 Nonogusa Miyuki?), Mikimoto (美樹本?)
- Members of the academy swim team.
- Yukiko Minase (水無瀬 由起子 Minase Yukiko?)
- Minase’s live-in cousin and guardian, she is strong-willed person who both bullies and teases him. Having learned Latin and French in grade school, she helps Minase translate the contents of the book.
Bible Black: Origins characters
- Nami Kozono (小園 奈美 Kozono Nami?)
- A mysterious raven-haired lesbian who was the president of the student council and is killed by Kitami after a failed ritual.
- Junko Mochida (持田 潤子 Mochida Junko?)
- Nami Kozono's lover, she is also on the student council but experiences social rejection.
Bible Black: New Testament characters
- Aki Ichikawa
- A Tokken agent who is part of Imari’s Team, she assists Imari in investigating the Tokyo murders early in the series. After Kitami takes her over, Imari lures Aki into the basement of the school and forcibly engages in a sexual ceremony with her. During this ceremony, the Lance of Longinus seals itself within her vagina marking her as the “Woman in Red” a figure foretold in Prophecy. Because of this she is targeted by the Witchcraft Club and a cult led by Jody Crowley.
- Capt. Toru Yuge
- The head of Tokken, a secret group reporting to the Japanese government and trying to solve Tokyo murders, he is tall man who always wears dark sunglasses. He joins forces with Takashiro to stop the Kitami-possessed Imari.
- Yuki Todou
- A member of the witchcraft club who seduces a professor to learn the location of the Lance of Longinus. After having been killed by a spell, she is revived to act as a mole within the club.
- Yamanishi Naoto
- A Tokyo detective, he and his team investigate murders without much success. After a vision of Reika Kitami and of paranormal events, he becomes obsessed with the case, leaves the police force and joins Tokken, having previously attended the same school as Imari and Minase.
- The Vice Principal
- He is seduced by Saeki and the witchcraft club, is driven insane through black magic and attempts to retrieve the Lance of Longinus but is killed by Yamanishi.
- Jody Crowley
- A mysterious girl who appears throughout the Bible Black: New Testament series, often as a ghostly figure in a white dress. Said to be a descendent of Aleister Crowley, she leads a cult searching for a "Woman in Red."
Taki Minase, an academy student, finds a book of black magic in the isolated storage room of his school. He begins practicing black magic, from which he temporarily appears to benefit until evil comes forth from the dark craft. Eventually, the origins of the book are revealed, as is the incident on Walpurgis Night twelve years prior, when evil was supposedly strongest. Coming to his senses, Minase struggles to get himself out of the darkness into which he has put himself and his best friend and secret love, Kurumi Imari. The game has twelve different endings, and the storyline often diverges based on choices made by the player, which influence "neutral" endings, "chaos" endings and "law" endings. However, its developers regard only one outcome as the "true" ending. Bible Black was published in English in 2006, under the name Bible Black: The Game after ActiveSoft shut down.
Bible Black (バイブルブラック Baiburu Burakku?, Bible Black) is the first animated video adaptation of the video game. Academy student Taki Minase finds a strange book while exploring a room in the school's basement. His cousin translates the Latin-French writings and finds them to be instructions for dark magic. Using the magic, Minase is able to influence Rika Shiraki to fall in love with him and to help his friend Ayumi Murai influence a boy to fall in love with her. Reika Kitami, the school nurse, hears of his magical acts and decides to sway him to her because she wants the book for herself. Twelve years prior, Kitami was to be sacrificed but made a deal to survive. As her new life is now running out, she needs a girl to act as a vessel for another reincarnation. Kaori Saeki also notes Minase's magic acts and persuades him to come to one of her witchcraft club meetings. He brings Kitami with him and she takes over the club.
Kitami holds private counselling sessions, trying to find the girl she needs. Kitami pursues Imari, who has been missing school, and kidnaps and tortures the art teacher, Hiroko Takashiro. Minase realizes that he loves Imari and must save her. With the help of Takashiro and the Bible Black, he finds a spell that Takashiro believes will stop Kitami's scheme. On Walpurgis Night, Kitami plans to reincarnate herself in Imari through sex and suicide, but Minase interrupts and casts his spell on Kitami, which apparently causes the so-called reincarnation ritual to fail and Kitami to die. The series ends with Minase and Imari confessing their love for each other and having sex. Saeki plans to steal the book, but Imari destroys it and reveals herself as a hermaphrodite, showing that Kitami's ritual succeeded. Kitami, now in Imari's body, proceeds to rape Saeki.
All six episodes of Bible Black have since been re-cut as a 110-minute film titled Bible Black Complete Version (バイブルブラック 完全版 Baiburu Burakku Kanzenban?). The series was controversially aired as a "midnight movie" at a time when other anime films were being played on youth station Teletoon, supposedly as an accident as a result of nobody checking what was screened. Only the first 30 minutes were played.
Cast and characters
|Character||Japanese actor||English actor|
|Taki Minase||Osamu Tokita, Takuya Hiramatsu (first two episodes only)||Chris Sasson|
|Kurumi Imari||Kaori Nishijima||Josephine Clemens|
|Hiroko Takashiro||Nagisa Futami, Akemi Kimura (first two episodes only)|
|Rika Shiraki||Rika Koyama||Cinthia Gough|
|Kaori Saeki||Haruna Kanbayashi||Michelle Duhard|
|Reika Kitami||Michiru Shirozaki||Christie Tibodeaux|
|Mika Ito||Kimika Sasa||Louise Moran|
|Yukiko Minase||Kanan Yuzuki|
|01||"School of Black Magic"
"Kuromajutsu no Gakuen" (黒魔術の学園)
"Kuro no Gishiki" (黒の儀式)
"Kuro no Ikenie" (黒の生贄)
"Kuro no Aibu" (黒の愛撫)
"Kuro no Bansan" (黒の晩餐)
"Kuro no Kōrin" (黒の降臨)
Bible Black: Origins
Baiburu Burakku: Gaiden (バイブルブラック 外伝?, Bible Black: Side Story) is the game's second animated video adaptation, released on May 25, 2002. Set about twelve years before the events of the original video adaptation, Hiroko Takashiro and Reika Kitami are now students at the school, and several new characters are also introduced. The first episode opens with two female students, Nami Kozono and Junko Mochida, having sex in a classroom after school. In another classroom, Hiroko Takashiro and two friends, Rie Morita and Saki Shindou, are reading Tarot cards. They receive a fortune reading: Great change is upon you. Something will change your life completely. Nami soon interrupts them and says that they should leave. Berating the group for their interest in witchcraft, Hiroko warns them to not take it lightly.
Reika Kitami transfers to the school, and Rie finds the titular Bible Black in an antique store and shares it with Hiroko and Saki. Nami, the head of the student council, denies the girls' request to start a witchcraft club. Nami attempts to flirt with Reika, but this makes her uncomfortable. Nami offers to tutor Reika, then sexually assaults her but is fought off by Reika. Hiroko and her friends begin to translate the Franco-Latin-Hebraic text of the Bible Black, and plan to get revenge on Nami. They cast a simple spell on Nami's lover, Junko, who is publicly humiliated before the whole school.
Hiratani, a male student obsessed with Nami, gets the group to put a spell on Nami to make her fall in love with him, and she finds herself hopelessly infatuated. Hiroko, Rie and Saki begin to make money from casting similar love spells on others. Desperate for Hiratani's attention, Nami begs Hiroko and her friends to make Hiratani love her forever. Nami arranges for them to use the school basement, but Hiroko casts a "release spell", causing her to come to her senses. Nami, however, is disgusted to find that Hiratani is still infatuated with her and has him violently assaulted by thugs. Nami then begins to pursue Reika again,but Reika slaps Nami and calls her crazy. Eager for revenge, Nami asks to join Hiroko's club (now called "Rose Cross"). Hiroko allows her in, amused at how eager Nami is to join after initially mocking them.
The group decides to summon a demon, supposedly to get Satan on their side. They slaughter a puppy, and the demon violently rapes Hiroko, sending her to hospital. With Walpurgis Night approaching, Nami makes herself leader of Rose Cross. Her thugs kidnap and gang-rape Reika. Hiroko leaves the hospital and urges the group to stop using magic. She fails to convince them, is ousted by Nami and the rest of the group, and Rie and Saki force her into a closet. Reika is sacrificed, but the "gates of hell" do not open. Nami slaughters the other members, including Hiroko's friends, and stands in front of the gates to chant to Satan. Reika—severely injured but still alive—uses the last of her strength to stab Nami to death. Reika then gives her soul to Satan in exchange for prolonging her rapidly ebbing life. Hiroko finds the ritual ended and the members of Rose Cross (Nami, Rie, and Saki included) savagely slaughtered. The series ends with Reika, naked and bloodied, roaming the town at dawn.
Cast and characters
|Character||Japanese actor||English actor|
|Mochida Junko||Midori Sakioka||Cynthia Gough|
|Seiji "Hiratani" Hiraya||Yasuteru Momozawa||Fred Arons|
|Hiroko Takashiro||Nagisa Futami||Michelle Duhard|
|Nami Kozono||Kaori Sanada||Christie Tibodeaux|
|Saki Shidou||Yoko Iwatani||Mike Cruise|
|Reika Kitami||Michiru Shirozaki||Josephine Clemens|
|Rie Morita||Noriko Kitani||Patty Comeau|
"Kuro no Kokuin" (黒の刻印)
"Kuro no Saidan" (黒の祭壇)
Bible Black: New Testament
Shin Baiburu Burakku (新・バイブルブラック?, New Bible Black), subtitled "The Spear of Longinus", is the third installment of the original video animation series. Years have passed since Walpurgis Night, and the girls of the witchcraft club have graduated. Shiraki and Saeki become teachers, while Takashiro becomes a nun. Imari has become a policewoman who serves as a so-called psychic detective for Tokken. Her team is looking into a series of sex-related murder cases. Saeki restarts the witchcraft club, but it's unclear if she is fighting Kitami or helping her. The club is searching for a magic artifact called the Lance of Longinus that can restore the Bible Black, destroyed at the end of the first series. Saeki sends Yuki, a member of the club, to seduce a professor named Yoshitani, whose father had discovered the artifact in Morocco shortly before his disappearance. Before Yoshitani can tell her its location, a mysterious girl in a white dress kills them by causing them to burst into flames.
Police detective Yaminishi Naoto and his superior examine the victims' corpses. While Yoshitani's body is burnt beyond recognition, Yuki's body is unscathed. Captain Yuge, head of Tokken, arrives, while Yaminishi spots Imari and follows her to the roof. Imari has a psychic vision of the preceding night's events. The mysterious girl reappears, and a bolt of lightning hits the roof. Yaminishi has a vision of Reika Kitami speaking to him and is taken to a hospital. Shiraki visits Takashiro, who reveals that Imari has the spirit of Kitami sealed inside her. Imari and her Tokken subordinate, Aki, go to a bank and are ambushed by a group of armed men seeking the Lance of Longinus, stored in Yoshitani's safe deposit box. The group's leader takes the two women and a pair of female bank tellers to a bathroom, knocks Aki unconscious and forces Imari to watch him rape the tellers, one of whom he kills. The leader causes the spirit of Kitami within Imari to awaken; she then breaks free and kills him. A police SWAT team kills the remaining robbers. With Kitami now in complete control of her body, Imari steals the Lance of Longinus from the deposit box.
Yuki is revived by the girl in white using a magic ritual. Captain Yuge sends Imari and Aki to search the school again, where Saeki and club members seduce the Vice-Principal in order to make him an agent of their agenda. Imari leads Aki to the basement and renders her unconscious. Imari assumes control of the club and indulges in a sexual ceremony with Aki using the Lance of Longinus. Takashiro performs a magic reading on Aki and discovers that she is the Woman in Red, a figure said to be mentioned in the Book of Revelation. A prophecy predicts she will give birth to a child "stronger than any king in the world", possibly referring to the Antichrist. Takashiro then takes Aki to a hospital. Captain Yuge determines that the mysterious girl in white is Jody Crowley, a descendant of occultist Aleister Crowley. Under the influence of black magic, the Vice-Principal allows himself to be hit by a truck in order to retrieve the Lance of Longinus. Takashiro confronts the Kitami-possessed Imari but is overwhelmed by her. The Vice-Principal locates Aki, molests her and attacks her with a knife. Yamanishi, staying at the hospital, hears Aki's screams and kills the Vice-Principal. Yamanishi later discovers he has been taken off the serial-murder case. Obsessed with solving it, Yamanishi leaves the police force and joins Tokken, having once attended the same school as Imari and Minase and having had a secret sexual relationship with Kitami.
Captain Yuge meets with Takashiro, who informs him that Kitami controls Imari's body and that cult leader Jody is responsible for the murders. In addition to being able to restore the Bible Black, the Lance can supposedly pinpoint the Woman in Red, and Jody had killed members of the witchcraft club, and people they had seduced in order to prevent the club from obtaining the Lance. Imari/Kitami and Jody Crowley compete over the Woman in Red, while Takashiro and Captain Yuge struggle to defeat both of them and end the dark ceremony. When Jody seems to emerge triumphant, the Lance of Longinus reappears and reanimates the Bible Black. Takashiro manages to seal the grimoire, while Jody's soul is taken and Kitami manages to possess Jody's body.
All six episodes of New Testament have since been recut as a 120-minute film titled New Bible Black Complete Version: Restored ~Rinne~ (新・バイブルブラック完全版 Restored 〜輪廻〜 Shin Baiburu Burakku Kanzenban Restored ~ Rinne ~?), and in addition contain extended animation.
Bible Black Only
Bible Black: Onrī-hen (Bible Black オンリー版?) consists of seven short films, which depict sexual side stories that take place around the time of the original series.
|01||"Bible Black Only Version: La Noche de Walpurgis Vol. 1: Takashiro Hiroko Hen•Itō & Suieibu Hen•Saeki Hen"
"Bible Black Only Han Vol. 1: Takashiro Hiroko Hen•Itō & Suieibu Hen•Saeki Hen" (Bible Black オンリー版 Vol. 1: 高城寛子編・伊藤＆水泳部編・佐伯編)
|Three short films:
* "Takashiro Hiroko Hen: Shokuin Toire de..." (高城寛子編：職員トイレで…?, "At the Faculty Room Toilet..."): Takashiro is assaulted by the vice-principal in a toilet stall.
* "Itō & Suieibu Hen: Himitsu no Tokkun" (伊藤＆水泳部編：秘密の特訓?, "Secret Lesson"): Various students, mostly members of the swim team, have an orgy in a locker room.
* "Saeki Hen: Jitsuroku Kōishitsu" (佐伯編：実録・更衣室?, "Events in the Locker Room"): Saeki masturbates and is joined by two male students. This was originally released with the movie on September 25, 2003.
|"Imari Rape Scene"
"Imari Ryōjoku Genba" (伊万里 凌辱現場)
|A ten minute Bible Black Only short released on January 25, 2006 as part of the box set; currently not commercially available in Region 1/English.
* Imari is sexually assaulted by a male student at school.
|02||"Bible Black Only Version: La Noche de Walpurgis Vol. 2: Saeki Hen•Yukiko Hen•Takashiro Hen"
"Bible Black Only Han Vol. 2: Saeki Hen•Yukiko Hen•Takashiro Hen" (Bible Black オンリー版 Vol. 2: 由起子編・佐伯編・高城編)
|Three short films:
* "Saeki Hen: Dōtei Kari / Inbusuru Akuma-tachi" (佐伯編：童貞狩り 淫舞する悪魔達?, "Virgin Hunting/Obscene Dance of the Devils"): Members of the magic club gather ingredients for a black magic spell.
* "Yukiko Hen: Himitsu no Chōkyō" (由紀子編：秘密の調教?, "Secret Torture"): Yukiko Minase cannot control her lust and is sexually dominated by one of her professors.
* "Takashiro Hen: Sore wa Sensei..." (高城編：それはセンセイ…?, "That's a Teacher"): Takashiro fantasizes about an orgy with her male students. This was originally released with the movie on September 25, 2003.
- "Bible Black -La noche de walpurgis-" (in Japanese). Getchu.com. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack オンリー版 VOL.1 高城寛子編・伊藤＆水泳部・佐伯編" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BIBLE BLACK ONLY" (in Japanese). Erotoku DVD (エロとくDVD). Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "Full Cast – Bible Black Only (OVA) (episodes 1 to 6)". Crystal Acids. Retrieved 30 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack 完全版" (in Japanese). MS Pictures. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack 完全版" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "Bible Black コンプリートBOX" (in Japanese). Getchu.com. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- "BibleBlack オンリー版 VOL.2 由起子編・佐伯編・高城編" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- Official Region 1 website for the game at Kitty Media
- Bible Black (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black Origins (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black Only (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Bible Black: New Testament (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Screenshots and reviews of the game at Universal Videogame List
- Bible Black at the Internet Movie Database
- Bible Black Origins at the Internet Movie Database