Bible of Dreams
|Bible of Dreams|
|Studio album by Juno Reactor|
|Released||June 18, 1997 (US), August 12, 1997 (UK)|
|Genre||Goa trance, world|
|Label||Wax Trax! Records/TVT Records|
|Juno Reactor chronology|
Bible of Dreams is the fourth album released by the multi-genre encompassing trance group Juno Reactor.
All tracks made by Ben Watkins with collaborators mentioned on the track list.
- "Jardin De Cecile" – 7:03 (with Mike Maguire, Paul Jackson, Xavier)
- "Conga Fury" – 8:06 (with Amampondo)
- "God Is God" – 6:46 (with Nick Burton, Natacha Atlas)
- "Komit" – 8:12 (with Mike Maguire, Paul Jackson)
- "Swamp Thing" – 5:12 (with Johann Bley, Mike Maguire)
- "Kaguya Hime" – 6:41 (with Mike Maguire, Nick Burton)
- "Children of the Night" – 7:57 (with Johann Bley, Mike Maguire)
- "Shark" – 9:37 (with Nick Burton)
- "High Energy Protons (Orion Mix)" – 6:28 (with Mike Maguire, Paul Jackson. Bonus track on some releases)
Samples in "God is God"
The song "God Is God" contains samples from Cecil B. DeMille's film The Ten Commandments, of Charlton Heston proclaiming, "...you shall see hail fall from a clear sky ...you shall see darkness... God is God..." The music video uses footage from The Color of Pomegranates.
Film and TV appearances
- "Conga Fury" appears in the film Mortal Kombat Annihilation during the fight between Liu Kang and Jade, as well as in its soundtrack. A slightly different version of the song under the name Animatrix edit is part of the soundtrack to the animation collective Animatrix. The song opens the segment Final Flight of the Osiris when the two main characters are engaged in a sword fight in the virtual reality.
- "Komit" appears in The Matrix Reloaded movie at the beginning when Neo flies through the city to see The Oracle. The song is mixed with additional score, composed by Don Davis, but it is not part of the soundtrack. It also can be heard in the 12th episode from the second season of the television series La Femme Nikita in a club scene.
- "God is God" can be heard in the movie Beowulf from 1999.
- Produced by Juno Reactor
- Ben Watkins – producer
- Kevin Metcalfa – mastering
- Otto the Barbarian – engineering
- Carey Robinson – assistant engineering
- MadArk, London – artwork
- Mabi – African drums/percussion, congas
- Jean-Luc – Prophet 5 synthesizer
- Bronwyn Lee – vocals ("Conga Fury")
- Natacha Atlas – vocals ("God Is God")
- Wolfgang (5) – spoken vocals ("God Is God", "Children of the Night")
- Stephane Holweck – bass guitar
- Pete Glenister – slide guitar
- Mzwandile – percussion
- Yapo & Harn – vocals ("Kaguya Hime")
|This 1990s electronic music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|