Chip Berlet bibliography
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Bibliography of Chip Berlet)
Main article: Chip Berlet
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of books, papers, reports, and articles authored by Chip Berlet.
- Berlet, Chip (1995) editor of Eyes Right! Challenging the Right Wing Backlash, South End Press, Boston; paperback edition ISBN 0-89608-523-6
- Berlet, Chip; Lyons, Matthew N. (2000) Right-Wing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort, Guilford Press, New York; paperback edition ISBN 1-57230-562-2
Selected papers, reports, and articles
- Berlet, Chip (1980) "Lyndon LaRouche and the U.S. Labor Party: Cult Fanaticism and the Politics of Paranoia", Chicago Reader, March 7, 1980.
- Berlet, Chip (1981) "Ever Hear of Lyndon LaRouche? He May be Keeping Tabs on You", Des Moines Register, September 23, 1981.
- Berlet, Chip (1982) "Private Spies: A New Threat To Constitutional Rights", The Public Eye, Vol. III, Issues 3 & 4, 1982.
- Berlet, Chip (1982) with Russ Bellant and Dennis King, "LaRouche Cult Continues to Grow: Researchers Call for Probe of Potentially Illegal Acts", The Public Eye, Vol. III, Issues 3 & 4
- Berlet, Chip (1984) with Russ Bellant "LaRouche Loses Libel Suit", The Guardian, NY, November 14, 1984
- Berlet, Chip (1987) Review of Inventing Reality: The Politics of Mass Media by Michael Parenti, in The Library Quarterly, Vol. 57 No. 2, April
- Berlet, Chip (1987) Clouds Blur the Rainbow: The Other Side of New Alliance Party, ISBN 0-915987-03-1, ISBN 978-0-915987-03-0, Political Research Associates
- Berlet, Chip (1990) Review of The False Prophet: Rabbi Meir Kahane FBI Informant to Knesset Member, Z Magazine
- King, Dennis; Berlet, Chip (1993) "The A.D.L. Under Fire: It's Shift to Right Has Led to Scandal", The New York Times, May 28, 1993, p. A29 (Op-Ed).
- Berlet, Chip (1993) "Big Stories, Spooky Sources", Columbia Journalism Review, May–June 1993
- Berlet, Chip (1994 )"Right Woos Left", Political Research Associates website, February 22, 1994
- Berlet, Chip (1995) "The Violence of Right-Wing Populism", Peace Review, Vol. 7, Nos. 3 & 4, pp. 283–288. Oxford: Journals Oxford Ltd.
- Berlet, Chip (1995) "Uniting to Defend the Four Freedoms", in Chip Berlet, ed., Eyes Right! Challenging the Right Wing Backlash, Boston, South End Press.
- Berlet, Chip (1995) with Margaret Quigley, "Theocracy & White Supremacy", in Chip Berlet, ed., Eyes Right! Challenging the Right Wing Backlash, Boston, South End Press.
- Berlet, Chip (1996) "Three Models for Analyzing Conspiracist Mass Movements of the Right", in Eric Ward, ed., Conspiracies: Real Grievances, Paranoia, and Mass Movements, Seattle: Northwest Coalition Against Malicious Harassment, Peanut Butter Publishing.
- Berlet, Chip (1997) "Fascism's Franchises: Stating the Differences from Movement to Totalitarian Government", presented to the American Sociological Association, Toronto
- Berlet, Chip (1997) "An Introduction to Propaganda Analysis", in Uncovering the Right on Campus: A Guide to Resisting Conservative Attacks on Equality and Social Justice, Cambridge, MA: Center for Campus Organizing.
- Berlet, Chip (1998) "Following the Threads: A Work in Progress", in Amy Elizabeth Ansell, ed., Unraveling the Right: The New Conservatism in American Thought and Politics, New York: Westview
- Berlet, Chip (1998) "Mad as Hell: Right-wing Populism, Fascism, and Apocalyptic Millennialism", presented at the 14th World Congress of Sociology, International Sociological Association, Montreal
- Berlet, Chip (1998) "The Ideological Weaponry of the American Right: 'Dangerous Classes' and 'Welfare Queens'", presented at the international symposium, The "American Model:" an Hegemonic Perspective for the End of the Millennium?, Group Regards Critiques, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Berlet, Chip (1998) "Who's Mediating the Storm? Right-wing Alternative Information Networks", in Linda Kintz & Julia Lesage, eds., Culture, Media, and the Religious Right, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press
- Berlet, Chip (1998) "Y2K and Millennial Pinball: How Y2K Shapes Survivalism in the U.S. Christian Right, Patriot and Armed Militia Movements, and Far Right", presented at the annual symposium, Center for Millennial Studies, Boston University
- Berlet, Chip (1998) with Matthew N. Lyons, "One Key to Litigating Against Government Prosecution of Dissidents: Understanding the Underlying Assumptions, " Police Misconduct and Civil Rights Law Report, in two parts, Vol. 5, No. 13, Vol. 5, No. 14, West Group.
- Berlet, Chip (1999) "Abstaining from Bad Sects: Understanding Sects, Cadres, and Mass Movement Organizations"
- Berlet, Chip (2000) with Matthew N. Lyons, Right-Wing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort, New York: Guiford Press.
- Berlet, Chip (2001) "Hate Groups, Racial Tension and Ethnoviolence in an Integrating Chicago Neighborhood 1976-1988", in Betty A. Dobratz, Lisa K. Walder, and Timothy Buzzell, eds., Research in Political Sociology, Volume 9: The Politics of Social Inequality, pp. 117-163.
- Berlet, Chip (2002) "Anti-Masonic Conspiracy Theories: A Narrative Form of Demonization and Scapegoating", Heredom, Vol. 10, pp. 243–275.
- Berlet, Chip (2002) "Encountering and Countering Political Repression", in The Global Activists Manual: Local Ways to Change the World, edited by Mike Prokosch, Laura Raymond, and Michael Prokosch, New York: Thunder Mouth Press/Nation Books
- Berlet, Chip (2004) "Mapping the Political Right: Gender and Race Oppression in Right-Wing Movements", in Abby Ferber, ed, Home-Grown Hate: Gender and Organized Racism, New York: Routledge.
- Berlet, Chip (2004) "Christian identity: the apocalyptic style, political religion, palingenesis and neo-fascism", Totalitarian movements and political religions, Vol. 5 (3), Winter, pp. 469–506.
- Berlet, Chip (2005) "The Sucker Punch of Right/Left Coalitions, Political Research Associates, website, undated, retrieved January 7, 2005
- Berlet, Chip (2005) Right-Wing Populism, Political Research Associates website, undated, retrieved January 7, 2005
- Berlet, Chip (Winter 2008). "The Write Stuff: U.S. Serial Print culture from Conservatives out to Neo-Nazis". Library Trends. 56 (3). Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- Berlet, Chip (Jan 20, 2010). "To Combat Teabaggerism, Reject the 'Producerist' Frame!". Progressive America Rising. Archived from the original on October 9, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-16. Reprinted from "Tea Bags, Taxes, & Productive Citizens". Z Magazine. Feb 2010.
- Berlet, Chip (Feb 2010). "Taking Tea Partiers Seriously". The Progressive. 74 (2). Retrieved 2010-02-16.