Bibliography of William McKinley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following are some of the books and papers which have been written concerning William McKinley, 25th President of the United States:
Domestic issues and politics
- Armstrong, William H. Major McKinley: William McKinley and the Civil War (2000) excerpt and text search
- Faulkner, Harold U. Politics, Reform, and Expansion, 1890–1900 (1959). standard scholarly survey online edition
- Glad, Paul W. McKinley, Bryan, and the People (1964). short history of 1896 election
- Jensen, Richard. The Winning of the Midwest: Social and Political Conflict, 1888–1896 (1971) online edition
- Jones, Stanley L. The Presidential Election of 1896. the standard history.
- Josephson, Matthew. The Politicos: 1865–1896 (1938) a leftist perspective
- Morgan, H. Wayne. From Hayes to McKinley: National Party Politics, 1877–1896 (1969), online edition
- Rhodes, James Ford. The McKinley and Roosevelt Administrations, 1897–1909 (1922), early scholarly history full text online
- Saldin, Robert P. "William McKinley and the Rhetorical Presidency," Presidential Studies Quarterly (March 2011) 41#1 pp 119–134, doi:10.1111/j.1741-5705.2010.03833.x
- Skrabec, Quentin R. William McKinley, apostle of protectionism (Algora, 2008) 269 pages excerpt and text search
- Williams, R. Hal. Years of Decision: American Politics in the 1890s (1993) survey by scholar
- Bradley, James (2009). Imperial Cruise. Back Bay Books / Little, Brown and Company. ISBN 978-0-316-00895-2.
- Crompton, Samuel Willard (2009). The Sinking of the USS Maine: Declaring War Against Spain. New York: Infobase Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60413-049-2.
- Dobson, John M. Reticient Expansionism: The Foreign Policy of William McKinley. (1988).
- Fry Joseph A. "William McKinley and the Coming of the Spanish-American War: A Study of the Besmirching and Redemption of an Historical Image," Diplomatic History 3 (Winter 1979): 77–97
- Gould, Lewis L. The Spanish–American War and President McKinley (1982)
- Hamilton, Richard. President McKinley, War, and Empire (2006).
- Harrington, Fred H. "The Anti-Imperialist Movement in the United States, 1898–1900," Mississippi Valley Historical Review, Vol. 22, No. 2 (Sept. 1935), pp. 211–230 JSTOR 1898467
- Holbo, Paul S. "Presidential Leadership in Foreign Affairs: William McKinley and the Turpie-Foraker Amendment," The American Historical Review 1967 72 (4): 1321–1335. JSTOR 1847795
- May, Ernest. Imperial Democracy: The Emergence of America as a Great Power (1961)
- Offner, John L. "McKinley and the Spanish-American War," Presidential Studies Quarterly Vol. 34#1 (2004) pp 50+. online edition
- Offner, John L. An Unwanted War: The Diplomacy of the United States and Spain over Cuba, 1895–1898 (1992) online edition
- Paterson. Thomas G. "United States Intervention in Cuba, 1898: Interpretations of the Spanish-American-Cuban-Filipino War," The History Teacher, Vol. 29, No. 3 (May 1996), pp. 341–361 JSTOR 494551
- Trask, David. The War with Spain in 1898. (1981).
Speeches and manuscripts
- McKinley, William. Speeches and Addresses of William McKinley: from his election to Congress to the present time (1893)
- McKinley, William. Abraham Lincoln. An Address by William McKinley of Ohio. Before the Marquette Club. Chicago. February 12, 1896(1896)
- McKinley, William. Speeches and Addresses of William McKinley: from March 1, 1897, to May 30, 1900 (1900)
- McKinley, William. The Tariff; a Review of the Tariff Legislation of the United States from 1812 to 1896 (1904)