The Biden family is an American political family. Joe Biden's father, Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. (1915–2002) used to claim the name was of Irish origin, but the claim could not be verified. The name is likely from French boton.
Some people with the surname include:
- Joe Biden (Joseph R. Biden Jr.), 47th Vice President of the United States
- Beau Biden (Joseph R. Biden III), Attorney General of Delaware and son of Joe Biden (1969–2015). Two children: Natalie and Hunter.
- Hunter Biden (Robert Hunter Biden), businessman and son of Joe Biden. Three children, daughters Naomi, Finnegan, and Maisy.
- Jill Biden, Former Second Lady of the United States; educator; and second wife of Joe Biden
Joe Biden married Neilia Hunter in 1966, and they had two sons and a daughter (Naomi Christina). In December 1972, while Joe Biden was Senator-elect, Neilia and Naomi were killed in a traffic crash which injured the two sons, who recovered from their injuries. Joe Biden married his second wife, Jill, in 1977, and together they had a daughter, Ashley. In May 2015, his son Beau died of brain cancer.
- "Joseph Biden Sr., 86, father of the senator" (fee required). The Philadelphia Inquirer. September 3, 2002. p. B4.
- Irish America - Volume 2 - Page 24 1986 "... his father would insist that Biden was Irish, but he could never sustain that. He could never know that for sure. Irish America: It's not a very common name. Biden: It's not common anywhere. I have gotten letters from around the world about it. For example, one fellow wrote me from India saying he had been in the British Foreign Service, had retired, was in his 70s, and wanted to know if we were related. He traced his roots back to Joseph and Emily Biden, who were in Liverpool in 1668. He thinks they were Huguenots, who came from either Germany or France. Then there is another guy who wrote to me from Australia who said he..."
- Superville, Darlene (May 30, 2015). "Biden announces death of son, Beau, of brain cancer". Associated Press. Archived from the original on June 1, 2015.
- "How the Biden Family's Tragic History Formed Their Deep, Intense Love for One Another". PEOPLE.com. March 2, 2017. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- McShane, Larry (August 24, 2008). "A hard road to travel". NY Daily News. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- Kane, Paul (May 30, 2015). "Beau Biden, vice president's son, dies at 46 of brain cancer". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|