|Native name||বিদিতা বাগ|
30 September 1991 |
Santragachhi, Howrah, West Bengal, India
Bidita Bag (born 30 September 1991) is an Indian actress and a professional model. She has a varied portfolio when it comes to print advertisements, TV commercials and films. She is mostly known for her inclination towards socio-political films.
She attended Kendriya Vidyala, Santragachi and completed her pre-university studies from Kendriya Vidyalaya Fort William in Science. Bidita graduated in Economics from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. She is a trained classical singer and loves painting.
While in college, Bidita pursued a career in modelling. She was spotted by Jeena Mitra Banik and ace make-up artist Late Prabeer Kumar Dey. She came into limelight in Kolkata after working for designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Kiran Uttam Ghosh. After graduation she shifted her base to Mumbai. She has worked for Lakme fashion week, Lakme Elle-18, Vaseline, Nokia, Motorola, Colgate, Reliance. She has been face of brands like Fair and Lovely, 7 Up, Horlicks, Samsung Corby TV, Wild Stone deodorant, Kwality Walls Cornetto, Indian Terrain, Bombay Dyeing etc.
In 2011 she debuted in critically acclaimed Bengali film Icche. Her first Hindi feature film - a socio-political thriller - As The River Flows, is produced by NFDC and is currently in post-production. She plays an Assamese village girl. It co-stars Sanjay Suri and Victor Banerjee. Her first commercial Bollywood venture under Pramod Films called From Sydney with Love was released on 31 August 2012. She received positive reviews for her performance. Her upcoming projects include Yeah Kaisa Khiladi directed by Aryeman Ramsay and Babumoshai Bandookbaaz opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui directed by Kushan Nandy where she replaced Chitrangada Singh.
|2011||Icche||Bengali||Shiboprosad Mukherjee, Nandita Roy||Jayanti Laha|
|2012||From Sydney with Love||Hindi||Prateek Chakravorty||Megha Banerjee|
|2012||Ekhon Nedekha Nodir Xhipare||Assamese||Bidyut Kotoky||Sudakshina||Simultaneously made in Hindi as As The River Flows|
|2013||Kagojer Nouka||Bengali||Parthasarathi Joardar||Nusrat|
|2015||Bhaunri - The Sinking Reality||Oriya||Sudhangshu Mohan Sahu||Janha|
|2015||X: Past Is Present||Hindi||Abhinav Shiv Tiwari||Heena||Story – "Audition"|
|2016||Yeah Kaisa Khiladi||Hindi||Aryeman Ramsay||Divya Sankritayan||Post-production|
|2016||"Once Again"||Hindi/English||Kanwal Seth||Meera||Post-production|
|2016||Babumoshai Bandookbaaz||Hindi||Kushan Nandy||Phulwa||Filming|
- Ganguly, Ruman (30 September 2011). "Bidita Bag is celebrating her birthday today with friends.". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- Nadar, A Ganesh (25 August 2016). "'I would not be comfortable in bed with Manoj Bajpayee'". Rediff. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "Newbie Bidita Bag mistaken for Naxalite". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Bidita Bag". Koimoi. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Bidita Bag filmography". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | ‘I don’t want to work with celebs’". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Friday Release: Rom-com 'From Sydney with Love' - IBNLive". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "bengali film icche 2011 interview shiboprasad mukherjee nandita roy with sohini sengupto samadarshi dutta bidita bag". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "From Sydney With Love (2012) WBRi Movie Review: Georgeous Bidita Bag Debuts in Bollywood".
- "Bidita Bag replaces Chitrangda Singh in 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 30 June 2016.
- "Bidita Bag on her Bolly journey and acting dream". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.