Bidita Bag as show-stopper in Lakme Fashion Week, August 2012
|Born||30 September 1991, Santragachhi, Howrah, West Bengal, India|
Bidita Bag (Bengali: বিদিতা বাগ, born: September 30, 1991) is an Indian actress and a professional model. She has a varied portfolio when it comes to print advertisements, TV commercials and films. She is mostly known for her inclination towards socio-political films.
She attended Kendriya Vidyala, Santragachi and completed her pre-university studies from Kendriya Vidyalaya Fort William in Science. Bidita graduated in Economics from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. She is a trained classical singer and loves painting.
While in college, Bidita pursued a career in modelling. She was spotted by Jeena Mitra Banik and ace make-up artist Late Prabeer Kumar Dey. She came into limelight in Kolkata after working for designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Kiran Uttam Ghosh. After graduation she shifted her base to Mumbai. She has worked for Lakme fashion week, Lakme Elle-18, Vaseline, Nokia, Motorola, Colgate, Reliance. She has been face of brands like Fair and Lovely, 7 Up, Horlicks, Samsung Corby TV, Wild Stone deodorant, Kwality Walls Cornetto, Indian Terrain, Bombay Dyeing etc.
In 2011 she debuted in critically acclaimed Bengali film Icche. Her first Hindi feature film - a socio-political thriller - As The River Flows, is produced by NFDC and is currently in post-production. She plays an Assamese village girl. It co-stars Sanjay Suri and Victor Banerjee. Her first commercial Bollywood venture under Pramod Films called From Sydney with Love was released on 31 August 2012. She received positive reviews for her performance. Her upcoming projects include X, 19th January directed by Sanjay Amar and Gun Pe Done directed by Abhik Bhanu starring Jimmy Shergill.
|2015||Bhaunri - The Sinking Reality||Oriya||Sudhangshu Mohan Sahu||Janha||Arindam Roy, Mihir Das||Released|
|2014||Gun Pe Done||Hindi||Abhik Bhanu||Sanjana||Jimmy Shergill, Vijay Raaz, Vrajesh Hirjee||Filming|
|2014||X||Hindi||11 Directors||Heena||Rajat Kapoor, Huma Qureshi, Swara Bhaskar||Post Production|
|2014||19 January||Hindi||Sanjay Amar||Masrat||Deepti Naval, K. K. Raina||Filming|
|2013||Kagojer Nouka||Bengali||Parthasarathi Joardar||Nusrat||Soumitra Chatterjee, Victor Banerjee, Rajesh Sharma||Released.|
|2013||Target Kolkata||Bengali||Kartick Singh||Maya||Arindam Roy, Suhasini Mulay, Sreela Majumdar Arindam Sil||Released|
|2012||Ekhon Nedekha Nodir Xhipare||Assamese||Bidyut Kotoky||Sudakshina||Sanjay Suri, Victor Banerjee, Rajendranath Zutshi||simultaneously made in Hindi. "As The River Flows". Assamese version Released.|
|2012||From Sydney with Love||Hindi||Prateek Chakravorty||Megha Banerjee||Sharad Malhotra, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty, Evelyn Sharma||Released|
|2011||Icche||Bengali||Shiboprosad Mukherjee and Nandita Roy||Jayanti Laha||Samadarshi Dutta, Bratya Basu, Sohini Sengupta||Released|
|2011||Mukti||Bengali||Gautam Haldar||Haasi||Raakhee Raakhee Gulzar, Samadarshi Dutta||Post-Production|
- "Newbie Bidita Bag mistaken for Naxalite". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Movies (website) "Bidita Bag" Check
value (help). Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Bidita Bag filmography". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Page Not Found :(". newsaajtak.in. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | ‘I don’t want to work with celebs’". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Friday Release: Rom-com 'From Sydney with Love' - IBNLive". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "bengali film icche 2011 interview shiboprasad mukherjee nandita roy with sohini sengupto samadarshi dutta bidita bag". Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "From Sydney With Love (2012) WBRi Movie Review: Georgeous Bidita Bag Debuts in Bollywood".
- "Jimmy Shergill to pay tribute to Firoz Khan in Gun Pe Done! - Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Reviews, Trailers & Videos at Bollywoodlife.com". bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Bidita Bag on her Bolly journey and acting dream". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 1 November 2015.