Brent Bellm (CEO)|
Eddie Machaalani (Co-Founder,Executive Chairman)
Mitchell Harper (Co-Founder)
|Products||Hosted Shopping Cart|
BigCommerce is a privately held technology company that develops e-commerce software for businesses. The company was founded in 2009 and has 456 employees with headquarters in Austin, Texas and additional offices in San Francisco, California and Sydney, Australia. 
The company reports that $16 billion in total sales have been processed by the BigCommerce platform.
BigCommerce was founded in 2009 by Australians Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper following a chance meeting in an online chatroom in 2003. In August 2009, the two relaunched a hosted version of Interspire Shopping Cart called “BigCommerce” and opened its first U.S. office.
BigCommerce was 100% bootstrapped until July 31, 2011, when it closed $15 million in Series A funding from General Catalyst Partners. At the time, the company announced its client count had grown 680% year over year.
In January 2012, BigCommerce launched a $2 million integration fund for developers, which was used to fund 31 applications in the BigCommerce App Marketplace. The company subsequently received $20 million in Series B financing in September 2012, led by General Catalyst Partners and Floodgate Fund.
In July 2013, BigCommerce raised another $40 million in Series C financing from Revolution Growth, an investment firm led by former AOL Chief Executive Steve Case. In November 2014, the company announced $50 million in series D financing from investors SoftBank Capital, Telstra Ventures, and American Express, bringing the company’s total funding to $125 million.
In June 2015, the company announced a new CEO. Brent Bellm, former HomeAway president and PayPal Europe CEO, succeeded BigCommerce co-founder Eddie Machaalani, who remains with the company as executive chairman of the board. 
In October 2017, BigCommerce began offering in-app shopping through Instagram to U.S.-based merchants using their platform. The offering was part of a gradual roll out of Instagram's in-app shopping feature that began in November 2016.
- Comparison of shopping cart software
- List of online payment service providers
- Types of E-commerce
- Comparison of free software e-commerce web application frameworks
- Online shopping
- "BigCommerce | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "About Us, Team and Culture - Bigcommerce". Bigcommerce. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "BigCommerce About Us Page". BigCommerce.
- Warner, Andrew (9 December 2010). "BigCommerce: How Two Programmers Who Met In A Chat Room Bootstrapped A $10 Mil eCommerce Company – With Mitchell Harper". Mixergy.
- Ryall, Jenni (19 November 2014). "2 Aussies who met in a chat room created a start-up valued at $500 million". Mashable.
- Harper, Mitchell (4 November 2009). "Interspire Shopping Cart Hosted (BigCommerce) Pricing Integrated with Interspire.com".
- Mitra, Sramana (10 March 2010). "Deal Radar 2010: BigCommerce". One Million by One Million Blog.
- Rao, Leena (31 July 2011). "BigCommerce Raises $15 Million To Help Retailers Manage E-Commerce". TechCrunch.
- "BigCommerce Closes $15 Million Series A Investment from General Catalyst Partners". BusinessWire. 1 August 2011.
- "BigCommerce Launches $2 Million Integration Fund for Developers". Internet Retailer. 25 January 2012.
- Lorek, Laura (21 March 2013). "BigCommerce Completes $2 Million Fund for Developers". Silicon Hills News.
- "BigCommerce Secures $20 Million Series B Financing To Expand E-Commerce Platform". Reuters.
- Calnan, Christopher (5 September 2012). "BigCommerce collections $20M Series B funding". Austin Business Journal.
- Rao, Leena (25 July 2013). "BigCommerce Has Raised $40M from Steve Case's Revolution Growth to Help SMBs Manage E-Commerce". TechCrunch.
- Tay, Liz (25 July 2013). "Australia's BigCommerce Has Raised $40m From Former AOL CEO Steve Case's Venture Fund". Business Insider.
- Calnan, Christopher (19 November 2014). "BigCommerce raises $50M, eyes IPO". Austin Business Journal.
- Shu, Catherine (19 November 2014). "BigCommerce Raises $50M Series D From SoftBank, Telstra, and American Express". TechCrunch.
- Del Ray, Jason (28 April 2015). "BigCommerce Confirms First Acquisition". Re/code.
- Shu, Catherine (29 April 2015). "BigCommerce Acquires Checkout and Inventory Software Startup Zing". TechCrunch.
- Gagliordi, Natalie (12 May 2015). "BigCommerce Rolls Out Enterprise E-commerce Platform To All". ZDNet.
- "BigCommerce Rolls Out Enterprise E-Commerce Platform To All". Marketing Land. 12 May 2015.
- Mac, Ryan (8 June 2015). "Online Shopping Platform BigCommerce Hires Former HomeAway Exec as New CEO". Forbes.
- Rao, Leena. "BigCommerce Raises $15 Million To Help Retailers Manage E-Commerce". TechCrunch.
- "BigCommerce Makes it Easy for Online Retail Businesses to Gain Direct Access to Alibaba.com Suppliers". New York Times. 8 April 2015.
- Clancy, Heather (15 August 2014). "Can BigCommerce become the next big name in e-commerce". Fortune.
- Stanley, T.L. "Startup Uses Eggs to Poach Employees from Facebook, Google". Mashable.
- "Instagram expands in-app shopping options via Shopify, Bigcommerce". PaymentsSource. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "Instagram opens its shoppable posts feature to retailers on Bigcommerce's platform – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "BigCommerce raises $64 million to power e-commerce sites – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-04-27.