|Also known as||Breakingz, Grimer (earlier on)|
|Genres||Hip hop, crunk, electro house, dance, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, DJ, MC, rapper|
|Associated acts||Timati, Lucenzo|
Big Ali (earlier Breakingz or "Grimer") is an American singer-songwriter, DJ, and rapper born in Queens, New York and based in Paris, France since 2001. He is signed to Up Music, a Warner Music label.
Big Ali released his debut album Louder in May 2009 on the record label. The album featured a great number of French and international producers and artists. "Hit the Floor" taken from the album became his first big single in October 2008 followed by "Neon Music" released in March 2009. A third single "Universal Party" followed in November 2009.
In collaborations, the joint 2006 single "Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now)" by Sinclar and Cutee-B featuring Dollarman, Ali & Makedah stayed at #1 for four weeks on the Ultratop 40 Belgian charts. In 2007, it became a #1 hit in Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs.
Big Ali wrote his first lyrics at the age of 8. He created a crew of DJs called "World Famous Vynil Squad". He also had radio and TV collaborations such radio show "Full Throttle" with national US emissions in led by his friend Fatman Scoop and is creator of the show Jumpoff hosted by Ed Lover and Doctor Dré. He hosted his own show "The Magic Hour" at the Vassar College in New York.
Big Ali has also worked in club venues in the United States, Asia, Latin America and Europe and is very famous in France. He participated as an MC at the Cannes Film Festival, and is at the Saint Tropez VIP Room every year. He has worked with many successful French artists such as Kool Shen, Amine, Jean-Roch, Kore & Scalp, Leslie, Magic System, Bob Sinclar with Rohff on the hit "Dirty Hous", Sinik and more recently Maude Harcheb on her smash hit "Donne-Moi Le La" and others. Big Ali hosts one Saturday per month the show "Show Time" on Radio NRJ.
|2008||"All We Need"
(DJ Abdel, Loïs Andréa and Big Ali)
|2009||"Hit the Floor"
|"Neon Music Remix 2009"||—||—||—||—||—||Tip 13||—||—|
|2010||"Universal Party (feat. Gramps Morgan) / Neon Music / Hit the Floor (feat. Dollarman)||24||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011||"Distress (Sending Out An SOS)"
(feat. Shana P.)
|"Bring me Coconut"
(feat. Gramps Morgan and Lucenzo)
(feat. Wati B)
|2013||""Cœur de guerrier"
(feat. Youssoupha, Corneille & Acid)
*Did not appear in the official Belgian Ultratop 50 charts, but rather in the bubbling under Ultratip charts.
(Peak positions in parenthesis)
|2006||"C'chô, ça brûle"
(Magic System feat. Akil, Cheb Bilal & Big Ali)
|"Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now)"
(Bob Sinclar & Cutee-B feat. Dollarman, Big Ali & Makedah)
|2010||"Ce matin va être une pure soirée"
(Fatal Bazooka feat. Big Ali, PzK, Dogg Soso & DJ Chris Prolls)
|"Vem dançar kuduro"
(Lucenzo feat. Big Ali)
(Daddy Yankee feat. Big Ali)
|2013||"Funk You 2"
(DJ Abdel feat. Mister You, Francisco & Big Ali)
|2014||"Boom Raka Tak"
(Ardian Bujupi & DJ Mase feat. Big Ali & Lumidee)
|2015||"Donne-Moi Le La"
(Maude Harcheb feat. Big Ali
|—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Donne-Moi Le La|
(Dj R'AN feat. Mohombi & Big Ali
- 2006: Midas Touch (with Matt Houston ) on the album Phoenix 2006
- 2007: "Dirty House" Rohff with Big Ali) in the album La Résurrection (Banlieue South remix)
- 2008: "Stronger" (English version) / "Plus fort" (French version) (with Anggun) from her album Elevation
- 2008: "Habibi" (with Leslie and Amar)
- 2008: "Bienvenue chez les Bylkas" (with Sinik, Cheb Bilal)
- 2009: "No Stress" (with Laurent Wolf et DJ Snake)
- 2009: "New New New" (with Bob Sinclar) (Big Ali appears only in the music video for the song)
- 2009: "Groove On" (remix) (with Timati and Snoop Dogg)
- 2010: "Des larmes de sang" (with Florent Pagny)
- 2010: "Calypso" (DJ Snake feat. Big Ali)
- 2010: "Playground" (with DJ Assad and Willy William)
- 2010: "Make Some Noise" (with Claude N'Joya and Richard Bahericz)
- 2010: "Ciao Amore" (with Dara Bubamara)
- 2012: "Le Dernier Jour" (the last day) (with PZK)
- 2013: "Džoni Džoni" (with Dara Bubamara)