The Big Animal
|The Big Animal|
|Directed by||Jerzy Stuhr|
|Produced by||Sławomir Rogowski|
Original short story: Kazimierz Orłoś
|Music by||Abel Korzeniowski|
|Edited by||Elżbieta Kurkowska|
Mr. Zygmunt Sawicki is a bank employee, who finds a camel in his yard one day. He decides to take charge of it and he and his wife Marysia take care of it. However, problems arise for both his fellow town-dwellers and the local authorities.
- Jerzy Stuhr as Zygmunt Sawicki
- Anna Dymna as Marysia Sawicka
- Andrzej Franczyk as Bank Manager
- Dominika Bednarczyk as Bank Clerk 1
- Błażej Wójcik as Bank Clerk 2
- Stanisław Banaś as Fire Chief
- Krzysztof Gluchowski as Mayor
- Feliks Szajnert as Drunkard
After distributing 35mm prints to theaters, Milestone Films released the film on DVD in 2003.
- AFI Fest 2000: The American Film Institute Los Angeles International Film Festival (International Competition) October 19–26, 2000.
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (in competition) July 5–15, 2000.
- London Film Festival (Cinema Europa) November 1–16, 2000.
- San Francisco International Film Festival April 19 - May 3, 2001.
- Sydney Film Festival June 8–22, 2001.
- Petrakis, John; Michael Wilmington (November 3, 2000). "12TH ANNUAL POLISH FILM FESTIVAL FULL OF PROMISE". Chicago Tribune (subscription required). Retrieved August 10, 2009.
- Elder, Robert K. (June 9, 2004). "Movie review: 'The Big Animal'". Hartford Courant. Retrieved August 11, 2009.
- Fry, Ted (October 8, 2004). "Camel is at heart of sweet, poetic fable". The Seattle Times. Retrieved August 11, 2009.
- "The Big Animal (2004)". Variety. Retrieved August 11, 2009.[dead link]