Big Apple Bagels
|Public (OTCQB: BABB)|
|Headquarters||Deerfield, Illinois, U.S.|
Big Apple Bagels is an American franchised chain of bakery-cafes based in Deerfield, Illinois. Coffee, along with a variety of other related products are sold. The products are sold as three different brands: Big Apple Bagels, Brewster's Coffee, and My Favorite Muffin.
- 2003 Entrepreneur Magazine "Franchise 500"
- 2005 Entrepreneur Magazine "Best of the Best" Top Franchises
- 2010 GI Jobs, "Military Friendly Franchise"
- 2011 Restaurant Business Magazine "Top Future 50" Franchises
BAB, Inc. (OTCQB: BABB), the parent company of Big Apple Bagels, has 98 franchised a 6 licensed stores. Big Apple Bagels was started by Paul Stolzer in October 1993. BAB completed its initial public offering November 27, 1995. BAB, Inc. has been a fundraiser of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundations since 2010.
BAB, Inc. was formed to operate and franchise Big Apple Bagels locations. It expanded with a series of acquisitions:
- 1996 – Brewster's Coffee
- 1996 – Strathmore Bagels
- 1996 – Bagels Unlimited Inc.
- 1996 – Danville Bagels, Inc.
- 1997 – My Favorite Muffin
- 1999 – Jacobs Bros. Bagels
In addition to these acquisitions, in 2012 the company developed the SweetDuet Frozen Yogurt & Gourmet Muffin concept. This concept is meant to fuze self-serve frozen yogurt with My Favorite Muffin gourmet muffins.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|