Big Bang (film)
|Directed by||Park Jung-woo|
|Produced by||Kim Tae-eun
|Written by||Park Jung-woo|
|Music by||Shin Hae-chul|
|Edited by||Steve M. Choe|
Park Man-soo is an ordinary salaryman who lives his life according to a strict set of rules, and this lack of flexibility makes him hard to like at home and at the office. One day, his wife asks for a divorce because she's bored with their life, and he is fired because his corrupt boss hates him. So on his way home, the frustrated and outraged Man-soo tries to set himself free by breaking all the rules that have restricted him his entire life by deviating from them, just for one day. He swears at passers-by, kicks signboards and pees on the street, and he is soon placed under arrest by Ma Dong-chul, a demoted but zealous cop. Officer Ma takes him to the police station to teach him a lesson, where Man-soo meets Yang Chul-gon, a career criminal with 15 previous convictions, who finds it more comfortable to be behind bars. Chul-gon incites the desperate and timid Man-soo to escape the police station with him, and through a series of mishaps, they happen to steal a gun and police car, with which they also try their hand at punishing "law dodgers" themselves. With Officer Ma in hot pursuit, Man-soo and Chul-gon find themselves branded as antisocial vigilantes, and the ₩50,000 fine for Man-soo's original misdemeanor has now turned into a potential life sentence. Thus, the unlikely pair spend a wild night together in Seoul.
- Kam Woo-sung as Park Man-soo
- Kim Su-ro as Yang Chul-gon
- Kang Sung-jin as Ma Dong-chul
- Moon Jung-hee as Han Kyung-soon, Man-soo's wife
- Jang Hang-sun as Shim Pyung-seob
- Kim Young-ok as Chul-gon's mother
- Jo Seok-hyun as Section chief Kim
- Jeon Guk-hwan as Man-soo's father
- Lee Jeong-heon as Seo Tae-hoon
- Kim Hyuk as Shim Tae-yong
- Choi Jung-woo as Section Chief Detective
- Kim Se-dong as Police Sergeant Kim
- Park Jin-taek as Police Corporal Park
- Park Gun-tae as young Man-soo
- Park Jin-young as Kyung-soon's father
- Kim, Tae-jong (20 November 2006). "Two Friends to Co-Star in New Movie". The Korea Times via Hancinema. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "New Movie: Big Bang". The Dong-a Ilbo. 8 March 2007. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Kim, Tae-jong (15 March 2007). "'Bang' Ironically Fails on Rules". The Korea Times via Hancinema. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Official website (Korean)
- Big Bang at the Internet Movie Database
- Big Bang at the Korean Movie Database
- Big Bang at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|