Hong Kong poster for Big Bullet
|Directed by||Benny Chan|
|Produced by||Benny Chan|
|Written by||Joe Ma
Lam Sheung Yee
|Music by||Clarence Hui
|Edited by||Cheung Ka-fai
|Distributed by||Golden Harvest|
Big Bullet (Chinese: 衝鋒隊怒火街頭; pinyin: Chong feng dui nu huo jie tou) is a 1996 Hong Kong action film directed, produced and co-written by Benny Chan. The film won awards for film editing at the 1996 Golden Horse Film Festival and the 16th Hong Kong Film Awards.
After assaulting his tactical commander during a raid gone sour, a dedicated but temperamental cop Sergeant Bill Chu is demoted to the Emergency Unit, long considered to be the police force's dumping ground for problem cops.
Big Bullet was released in Hong Kong on 26 July 1996. It grossed a total of HK$9,771,575. At the [16th [Hong Kong Film Awards]], Big Bullet was nominated for seven awards: Best Film, Best Director (Benny Chan), Best Actor (Lau Ching-wan), Best Supporting Actor (Jordan Chan), Best Supporting Actress (Theresa Lee), Best Cinematography (Arthur Wong), Best Action Choreography (Ma Yuk-sing) and Best Original Music (Peter Kam). Peter Cheung and Cheung Ka-fai won the Best Editing award for their work on Big Bullet.
- Lau Ching-wan as Bill Chu
- Jordan Chan as Inspector Jeff Chiu
- Theresa Lee as Apple
- Cheung Tat-ming as Matt / MacDull
- Francis Ng as Inspector Yang
- Anthony Wong as Bird
- Yu Rongguang as Professor
- Lam Sheung Yee as Dan
- Vincent Kok as Tung Fai
- Dayo Wong as Bill's informant
- Ruco Chan as Chiu sai wing ( Jordan Chan's younger brother )
- "Big Bullet". Hong Kong Film Archive. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- 第十六屆香港電影金像獎得獎名單. Hong Kong Film Awards (in Chinese). Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "2011 台北金馬影展 Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival". Golden Horse Film Festival. Archived from the original on 29 March 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- A Big Bullet at HKMDB
- Big Bullet at chinesemov.com
|This article about a 1990s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hong Kong film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|