Big Chocolate (musician)
|Birth name||Cameron Mitchell Argon|
August 21, 1990 |
Laguna Hills, California, United States
|Website||Big Chocolate on Facebook|
Cameron Mitchell Argon, better known by his stage name Big Chocolate (born August 21, 1990 in Laguna Hills, CA) is an American musician, producer and vlogger. He is the former vocalist for the death metal bands Burning the Masses, Misericordiam, Abominable Putridity and is the founder of the deathcore solo project Disfiguring the Goddess and has gained renowned work in the music industry by his skill in music production and remixing. Argon specializes in electronic dance music styles ranging from dubstep, drum and bass and electronica. He has released five EPs and two full-length dubstep albums to date and has done remixes for Suicide Silence, Asking Alexandria, Iwrestledabearonce and many other bands. Under his deathcore project Disfiguring the Goddess, Argon has released four full-length albums, two EPs and two demos.
Argon has performed his electronic music in various clubs along the West Coast and has toured the United States with Dance Gavin Dance, Iwrestledabearonce and In Fear and Faith during the spring of 2011, as well as the entire Warped Tour during the same year.
Prior to working under the name Big Chocolate full-time, Argon was spending most of his time concentrating on metal. Argon handled lead vocals on Burning the Masses's album, Offspring of Time and toured in Europe with them on the Legacy of Blood tour alongside Suffocation. Shortly after that, a representative at Century Media Records reached out to Argon for a request to remix the song, "Disengage" by Suicide Silence. Argon accepted the offer and found that he loved the freedom and creativeness remixing allowed and began focusing his efforts on the entire EDM scene.
Shortly after the Suicide Silence remix, he released his first and second EPs, First Degree Revolution and Shacka Brah. At the time, Argon was still in college and was creating music for the fun of it. It wasn't until the late summer of 2010 that he decided not to enroll for the upcoming Fall semester and concentrate on music full-time. He continued to receive opportunities for remixes, released the I'm Shot EP and then was confirmed for Dance Gavin Dance's reunion tour in the Spring of 2011. He released his third EP, HiLion on March 1, 2011, that featured the title track single with guest appearances by the rapper, Grieves. On March 2, 2011 it was announced that Big Chocolate would be performing all summer long on that year's Warped Tour.
Since then he has released another full-length album Red Headed Locc and 3 more EPs, The Red EP, Clean, and Couples.
Disfiguring the Goddess (2006-present)
Argon has been the sole member of the Death Metal project Disfiguring the Goddess for several years; he had produced 2 demos, an EP and a full-length album before he began venturing into electronic music and still continues to release material under this name, despite not having as much time as he used to work on his metal releases.
In April 2012, Argon released an EP under his death metal solo project Disfiguring the Goddess titled Sleeper. The EP was released with a limited run of 1,000 hardcopies that include a bonus CD, containing extra content.
Throughout the latter part of 2012 and 2013, Argon worked on a new Disfiguring the Goddess album; it was later revealed to be called "Deprive". On 25 October 2013, he released a new track "The Pathway To Everlasting Nothingness", which he released via the website MetalSucks, as well as announcing that a new track would be revealed every week leading up to the release of the album. The second track "Death's Head Mask" was premiered via Metal Injection on 30 October; pre-order packages were also announced on the same day. "Deprive" will be released on 10 December 2013.
After mixing his first track for Suicide Silence, Argon struck up a friendship with the band. He and Mitch Lucker, Suicide Silence's vocalist at the time, formed Commissioner, an extreme industrial metal duo. Commissioner had released two tracks before releasing their EP, one featuring Whitechapel frontman Phil Bozeman, entitled "Click Click Flash" and the other being "Consume" which marked the debut release by the group. The duo released their first EP titled What Is? on March 21, 2011.
Commissioner is now permanently inactive due to Mitch Lucker's death on 1 November 2012.
As Big Chocolate
- CMA (2009)
- Red Headed Locc (2012)
- First Degree Revolution (2010)
- Shacka Brah (2010)
- I'm Shot (2010)
- Hilion (2011)
- The Red EP (2012)
- Clean (2013)
- Couples (2014)
- The WDF (2014)
- IMTOAA (2010)
- Hush Little Angle Here's an Umbrella (2010)
- Sound Of My Voice Feat. Weerd Science (2011)
- Don't Try and Test It (2012)
- Unreleased Singles
- Truman's Tail (Feat. Budo) (2011)
- Exclusive Mixtapes
- 2011 Warped Tour Sampler (2011)
- 2013 Warped Tour Sampler (2013)
- Deuce - "America" (2012)
- Architects - "Day in Day Out" (2010)
- Architects - "Learn To Live" (2010)
- As I Lay Dying - "Elegy" (2011)
- Asking Alexandria - "A Prophecy (Electro VIP)" (2010)
- Asking Alexandria - "A Prophecy" (2010)
- Asking Alexandria - "When Everyday's the Weekend" (2010)
- Asking Alexandria - "I Used To Have A Best Friend (But Then He Gave Me An STD)" (2010)
- Bad Rabbits - "Booties" (2011)
- Black Dots Of Death - "Standing Alone" (2010)
- Blessthefall - "Promised Ones" (2011)
- Big Chocolate - "Bitches on My Money" (2011)
- Breathe Carolina - "Blackout" (2011)
- Commissioner - "Click, Click, Flash" (2011)
- Commissioner - "Consume" (2011)
- The Cool Kids - "Black Mags" (2011)
- Destruction of a Rose - "No Need For A Crutch" (2010)
- Disfiguring the Goddess - "Uprising" (2010)
- Embracing Abomination - "Blind Me" (2012)
- Ion Dissonance - "You People Are Messed Up" (2010)
- Ion Dissonance - "After Everything That Happened, What Did You Expect?" (2010)
- Iwrestledabearonce - "Danger in the Manger" (2010)
- Iwrestledabearonce - "Taste Like Kevin Bacon" (2011)
- K. flay - "Sunburn" (2012)
- Scanners (band) - "Baby Blue" (2011)
- Suicide Silence - No Time to Bleed (2010)
- Suicide Silence - Disengage (2010)
- Suicide Silence - "Human Violence" (2011)
- Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance" (2012)
- Whitechapel - "Breeding Violence" (2011)
As Disfiguring the Goddess
- Circle of Nine (2011)
- Sleeper (2012)
- Deprive (2013)
- Black Earth Child (2013)
- Promo EP (2008)
- Demo 1 (2007)
- DIY (2007)
- Defaced from Humanity (2008)
- Disfiguring the Goddess (2009 - a fan made compilation album that consists of early Disfiguring the Goddess material packaged together)
With Burning the Masses
- Offspring of Time (2010)
- What Is? (2011)
- editor SUICIDE SILENCE To Release 'No Time To Bleed' Seven-Inch Single. Blabbermouth, September 17th 2010, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- iwrestledabearonce DUPSTEP EP. Iwrestledabearonce's Official Facebook Page, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- wookubus Dance Gavin Dance, iwrestledabearonce, In Fear And Faith And More To Tour In March Theprp, December 14, 2010, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- Sergeant D BIG CHOCOLATE = THE GUTTURAL SLAMMING JUSTIN BIEBER (PLUS THE DEBUT OF A NEW DISFIGURING THE GODDESS SONG!).MetalSucks, January 19, 2011, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- Axl Rosenberg http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/05/14/big-chocolate-renaissance-man/., May 14, 2010, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- Sean Reid Exclusive Song Stream: Big Chocolate - HiLion (featuring Grieves)., February 2nd 2011, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- Blake Solomon http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2198672., March 2nd 2011
- "DISFIGURING THE GODDESS: New Album 'Sleeper' Streaming Now at CraveOnline.com – Available for Purchase Today!". Groovey TV. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Exclusive Track Premiere: Disfiguring the Goddess Show You "The Pathway to Everlasting Nothingness"". MetalSucks. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "DISFIGURING THE GODDESS' "Death's Head Mask" Brings The Megaslams!". Metal Injection. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Axl Rosenberg BIG CHOCOLATE + MITCH LUCKER = COMMISSIONER., June 82nd 2011, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- wookubus Commissioner Debut New Song With Whitechapel Frontman Online. , December 14th 2010, Retrieved 02-28-2011
- "Disfiguring the Goddess - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". Encyclopaedia Metallum. 2013-12-18. Retrieved 2014-04-30.