Big Comic Superior
Cover of February 22, 2008 issue
|Frequency||Semimonthly on 2nd and 4th Fridays|
|First issue||July 1, 1987|
Big Comic Superior (ビッグコミックスペリオール Biggu Komikku Superiōru?) is a semimonthly seinen manga magazine published since July 1, 1987 by Shogakukan in Japan. Its target audience is somewhere between the audience for Big Comic Original and Big Comic Spirits. The magazine has published works by a number of well-known manga artists, including Ryoichi Ikegami, Mochiru Hoshisato, Yū Koyama, Yūji Aoki, Fumi Saimon, Norifusa Mita, George Akiyama, and Buronson.
Superior was originally a special issue of Big Comic Original, published twice monthly on the 1st and 15th. However, since it was selling just as well as the main three magazines (Big Comic, Big Comic Original, and Big Comic Spirits), it began to be released every other week. It is currently released twice monthly on the second and fourth Fridays. As of 2015, Superior has a reported circulation of 115,334 for each issue.
List of works
- Aibō (相棒), by Tamayo Koyasu
- Aji Ichi Monme, by Yoshimi Kurata, Yoshita Abe, and Yukie Fukuda
- Ankō: Kaizuri Kaijō Sōsasen
written by Masaki Kitahara, illustrated by Hideki Akiyama, assistance from Fishing Graph
- Azumi, by Yū Koyama
- Bow Wow by Terry Yamamoto
- Chūshun Komawari-kun, by Tatsuhiko Yamagami
- Hannari!, by Fumi Saimon
- Higake Kin'yūden Komanezumi Shussemichi
written by Toichi Akizuki, illustrated by Kōji Yoshimoto, supervised by Yūji Aoki
- Kiichi!!, by Hideki Arai
- Lord, written by Buronson, illustrated by Ryoichi Ikegami
- Maihime: Diva, written by Ryō Kurashina, illustrated by Tomoya Ōishi
- Money no Ken, by Norifusa Mita
- Moonlight Mile, by Yasuo Ōtagaki (ongoing)
- Ojuken no Hoshi
scenario by Mayu Sugiura, illustrated by Kenjū Imatani, created by Nozomi Hashira
- Okuribito, by Akira Sasō
- Radio Jikan, by Radio Wada
- Rāmen Hakkenden, written by Rokurō Kube, illustrated by Tan Kawai
- Sekai no Chūshin de Kuda o Maku, by Inosuke Rodriguez
- Shakaijin Misaki Satoru, by Yasuyuki Kunitomo
- Sprite, by Yūgo Ishikawa
- Team Medical Dragon, written by Akira Nagai, illustrated by Tarō Nogizaka
- Jason Thompson (2007). Manga: The Complete Guide. Del Rey Books. p. 327-239. ISBN 978-0-345-48590-8.
- "Men's Manga" (in Japanese). Japanese Magazine Publishers Association. September 2016. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Japan Magazine Publishers Association Magazine Data June 2015. Retrieved Oct. 28, 2015.
|This article about an anime or manga magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.