Big Creek Township, White County, Indiana
|Big Creek Township|
Location in White County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||33.03 sq mi (85.5 km2)|
|• Land||33.03 sq mi (85.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||24.8/sq mi (9.6/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47923, 47929, 47960, 47980|
|GNIS feature ID||453110|
Big Creek Township was established in 1834, and named after Big Creek.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.03 square miles (85.5 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Smithson at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Honey Creek Township (north)
- Union Township (northeast)
- Jefferson Township, Carroll County (east)
- Prairie Township (south)
- West Point Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: High and Lane.
- Frontier School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 15
- State Senate District 07
- "Big Creek Township, White County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Hamelle, W. H. (1915). A Standard History of White County, Indiana: An Authentic Narrative of the Past, with an Extended Survey of Modern Developments in the Progress of Town and Country. Unigraphic. p. 232.