Big Gay Love
|Big Gay Love|
|Directed by||Ringo Le|
|22 June 2013 (Frameline Film Festival)
23 May 2014 (USA)
Big Gay Love is a 2013 American comedy film written and directed by Ringo Le and produced by Quentin Lee and Marisa Le. The story centers on Bob (Jonathan Lisecki), an overweight gay man who overcomes discrimination and insecurity based on his looks to find love in the form of a chef named Andy (Nicholas Brendon).
- Jonathan Lisecki as Bob
- Nicholas Brendon as Andy
- Ann Walker as Betty
- Ethan Le Phong as Chase (as Phong Truong)
- Todd Stroik as Aidan
- Ken Takemoto as Mr. Tran
- Drew Droege as Dan#1
- Amy Hill as Dr. Barrenbottom
- Jason Stuart as Dan#2
- Karina Bonnefil as Billy Gene
- Jeffrey Damnit as Rambo
- Harvey Guillen as Brian
- Ina-Alice Kopp as Lana
- Jesse James Rice as Tag
- Reed Schiff as jazz pianist
Big Gay Love premiered at the Frameline Film Festival and then screened at Outfest, Philadelphia QFest, and the Palm Springs Cinema Diverse Film Festival where it was named Festival Favourite Film.
Gary Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times considered: "There’s a sweet, funny, universal story hiding in the corners of the discombobulated comedy “Big Gay Love". Writer-director Ringo Le seems aware of his thematic intentions, but he’s fuzzy on how to execute them. The result is a thin, wanly structured film that, after an OK start, stumbles about, filling time until its foregone conclusion."
- "Big Gay Love (2013)". imdb.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Lattanzio, Ryan. "Outfest Weekend Preview: What Films to See and Why We Need the Festival - IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Big Gay Love Movie w/ Jonathan Lisecki & Nicholas Brendon". Kickstarter. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Big Gay Love". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Desk, Movies News. "BIG GAY LOVE, Starring Nicholas Brendon and Jonathan Lisecki, Released on DVD Today". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "SF Frameline gay film festival highlights". sfgate.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "'Big Gay Love' struggles with big themes". 7 June 2014. Retrieved 22 August 2017 – via LA Times.