|Birth name||Michael Iorio|
April 20, 1964 |
Brentwood, New York
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Big Guido
Primo Carnera III
|Billed height||6 ft. 9 in. (206 cm)|
|Billed weight||350 lb. (159 kg)|
Michael Iorio is a retired Italian American professional wrestler best known under the ring name of Big Guido. Iorio wrestled as an enforcer for The Full Blooded Italians in Extreme Championship Wrestling in the late 1990s. He was also a part of the team's reunion in World Wrestling Entertainment in 2005 and 2006. In addition, he has worked for Puerto Rico's International Wrestling Association and Empire State Wrestling.
Professional wrestling career
World Wrestling Federation
In 1991 and 1992, Iorio made a few appearances for the World Wrestling Federation as a jobber under the ring name Mike Fury. He lost to such stars at The British Bulldog, The Warlord, Tito Santana and Bret Hart.
Full Blooded Italians
Michael Iorio first joined the Full Blooded Italians in the original ECW at Heatwave 1996, introduced as Little Guido's "little" brother, Big Guido. He accompanied the stable members to the ring, and sporadically fought actual matches.
Iorio reappeared on World Wrestling Entertainment's ECW brand's One Night Stand on June 12, 2005 accompanying the Full Blooded Italians to the ring. Santoni then reappeared on ECW on June 11, 2006 during ECW One Night Stand alongside Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido. On the June 13 edition of ECW, Big Guido took part in the hardcore battle royal and was eliminated by The Big Show, but helped Sabu eliminate Big Show.
International Wrestling Association
In 2002, Iorio, under the ring name Primo Carnera won the International Wrestling Association's World Heavyweight Championship after the title was previously held up. He lost the title the same day to Savio Vega. In the following two months, he held the title two more times.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- International Wrestling Association
- Eastern States Wrestling / Eastern Shores Wrestling
- ESW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Empire State Wrestling
- ESW Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
- New Breed Wrestling
- NBW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Tony DeVito
- "Big Guido profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- Graham Cawthon. "1991 WWF results". The History of WWE. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- Graham Cawthon. "1992 WWF results". The History of WWE. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- Gramlich, Chris (2005-06-13). "One great Night of hardcore hostalgia". SLAM! Sports. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- "One Night Stand results". WWE. 2005-06-12. Archived from the original on 2 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- Ian Hamilton (2006). Wrestling's Sinking Ship: What Happens to an Industry Without Competition (p.167). Lulu.com. ISBN 1-4116-1210-8.
- Scott E. Williams (2000). Hardcore History: The Extremely Unauthorized Story of ECW (p.208). Sports Publishing LLC. ISBN 1-59670-225-7.
- Manuel O. González, Luis Santiago. "Historia del Campeonato Mundial de los Pesos Pesados". International Wrestling Association. Archived from the original on 2008-01-18. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.