The Wine Group
The Wine Group is an American alcoholic-beverage company founded in 1981 and based in Livermore, California.
It produces wine brands including Franzia, Cupcake Vineyards, Concannon Vineyard, Big House, Almaden Vineyards, FishEye, and Flipflop. It also produces Cupcake Vodka. As of 2008, the company was the world's third-largest wine producer.
As of 2015, key personnel were, CEO Brian Vos, CFO John Sutton, President–International Fritz Lance, Chief Sales Officer Jim Evans, Chief Marketing Officer Jeff Dubiel, Chief Operating Officer Brott Ritzel, and EVP Human Resources Kris Mesker.
List of brands
- Cupcake Vineyards won the 2011 MarketWatch Leaders Choice Award for "Wine Brand of the Year".
- Flipflop Wines won the 2012 MarketWatch Leader's Choice Award for "Best New Product – Wine".
- Snow, Chris (September 8, 2008). "The Wine Group Sells Australian Winery". The Daily Telegraph (via news.com.au). Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- Staff. "Market Watch Honors 2011 Leaders at Gala New York Dinner". Shanken News Daily. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- Press release. "flipflop Wines Named "Best New Product-Wine" at Market Watch 2012 Leaders Annual Gala". The Wine Group (via PR Newswire). Retrieved September 14, 2012.