Big Ideas (TV series)
Big Ideas is a Canadian television series produced and broadcast by TVOntario, on the air since 2001. The program showcases public intellectual culture. It was conceived and produced by Wodek Szemberg. The show presented public lectures by acclaimed university educators and other distinguished guests. The original host, Irshad Manji, was succeeded by Canadian actor/director/playwright Andrew Moodie on January 7, 2006. In September 2011, Piya Chattopadhyay took over as host.
Podcasts of the lectures are available through the Big Ideas website as well as from iTunes.
The show ended in spring 2013 as a result of budget cuts at TVO.
- "Big Ideas Main Page". TVOntario. Archived from the original on 3 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- Manji's biography Archived 2015-11-10 at the Wayback Machine at Soapbox Inc.
- "TVO welcomes Piya Chattopadhyay".
- "Big Ideas". Educational Broadcasting Corporation. 2003-01-01. Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- "TVO cancels shows, cuts jobs to save $2M TVO cancels shows, cuts jobs to save $2M". CBC News. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|