Big Lake (TV series)
|Created by||Lew Morton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gary Sanchez Productions|
|Original network||Comedy Central|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||August 17– September 14, 2010|
Big Lake is an American comedy television series on Comedy Central that debuted on August 17, 2010, and ran for one season. The series was picked up using a similar model as Tyler Perry's House of Payne and Meet The Browns with an initial 10 episode order by Comedy Central, with an option to pick up the series for an additional 90 episodes, to have 100 episodes available for syndication. The deal was not picked up after Comedy Central passed on a second season.
After losing his lucrative banking job, Josh is forced to move back to his hometown of Big Lake, Pennsylvania. Now living with his parents on their couch, Josh swears to earn back all the money he lost and repay his parents. There he reunites with his childhood pal Glenn and his favorite high school teacher Mr. Henkel. Each week the three come up with new money making schemes, although due to the ridiculous nature of them, they tend to fail and go horribly wrong every time.
- Chris Gethard as Josh Franklin — A disgraced Wall Street hotshot who lost his job and all his money. He now has to move back in with his parents.
- Horatio Sanz as Glenn Cordoba — Josh's childhood best friend who was recently released from prison.
- Chris Parnell as Chris Henkel — Josh's favorite teacher from high school, although he has no memory of Josh being one of his former students. Despite being a history teacher, he hates history and despises teaching. He is also the "Deputy Mayor" of Big Lake.
- Deborah Rush as Linda Franklin — Josh's overly cheerful mother who is often oblivious to everything going on around her, likely caused by her addiction to diet pills.
- Dylan Blue as Jeremy Franklin — Josh's little brother who isn't as innocent as he pretends to be. Appears to be involved in many criminal activities.
- James Rebhorn as Carl Franklin — Josh's father. He despises Josh for losing his entire life savings.
|This section needs a plot summary. (October 2015)|
|No.||Title||Original air date||Prod.
|1||"Josh Comes Home"||August 17, 2010||101|
|2||"Lee Harvey Osworld"||August 17, 2010||108|
|3||"Fad Diet"||August 24, 2010||105|
|4||"Chris Moves In"||August 24, 2010||109|
|5||"Josh Goes to Work"||August 31, 2010||110|
|6||"Jeremy Gets Caught"||August 31, 2010||102|
|7||"Therapy"||September 7, 2010||104|
|8||"Chris is Mayor for 24 Minutes"||September 7, 2010||103|
|9||"Chris Falls in Love"||September 14, 2010||106|
|10||"The Interview"||September 14, 2010||107|
- "Comedy Central's(R) 'Big Lake,' Starring Chris Gethard, Horatio Sanz and Chris Parnell, Debuts on Tuesday, August 17 at 10:00 P.M.*". The Futon Critic. July 26, 2010. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- Albiniak, Paige (May 12, 2010). "‘Big Lake’ To Hit Comedy Central This Fall". NewBay Media. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- "Chris Parnell and Horatio Sanz Join the Cast of the New Untitled Sitcom Starring Jon Heder from Gary Sanchez Productions and Debmar-Mercury". The Futon Critic. March 15, 2010. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- "Development Update: Monday, April 12". The Futon Critic. April 12, 2010. Retrieved June 30, 2013.