Big Lake State Park
|Big Lake State Park|
Big Lake and Big Lake State Park from the air
|Location||Holt, Missouri, United States|
|Area||407.41 acres (164.87 ha)|
|Elevation||860 ft (260 m)|
|Governing body||Missouri Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Big Lake State Park|
Big Lake State Park is a public recreation area located in northwest Missouri, United States. The 407-acre (165 ha) state park was established in 1932 at the northern end of the state's largest oxbow lake, Big Lake. Park activities include boating, camping, picnicking, fishing, and swimming. Because park accommodations have been repeatedly destroyed by Missouri River floods, the park began using wheeled rental cabins that can be moved in the event of flooding in 2016.
- "Big Lake State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Big Lake State Park: Data Sheet" (PDF). Missouri Department of Natural Resources. November 2017. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- "State Park Land Acquisition Summary". Missouri State Parks. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- "Big Lake State Park". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Big Lake State Park opens portable cabins". St. Joseph News-Press. May 29, 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.