Big League World Series
|Most recent season or competition:
|No. of teams||11|
|Most titles||Taiwan (18)|
The Big League World Series was a baseball tournament for children aged 15 to 18 years old that began in 1968. On August 26, 2016, Little League International announced that it was eliminating the Big League Level of both baseball and softball. It was patterned after the Little League World Series, which was named for the World Series in Major League Baseball. Most recently, the tournament was held in Easley, South Carolina.
The Big League World Series was one of twelve tournaments sponsored by Little League International. Each of them brings baseball or softball teams from around the world together in one of four age divisions. The tournament structure for each division's World Series was similar to that used for the Little League Baseball World Series.
The Big League World Series was held at four different sites.
- Charlotte, North Carolina 1968–1969
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida 1970–1998
- Tucson, Arizona 1999–2000
- Easley, South Carolina 2001–2016
Also unlike the Little League World Series, there was a host team, which played in the U.S. pool. The ten regional champions were divided into Pool A (U.S.) and Pool B (International). The teams advanced to the semi-finals via a modified double elimination format; the semifinal and final are single elimination. Teams that lost their first two games faced off in classification games.
- Pool A (U.S.) consisted of six regions (including the Host team)
- Pool B (International) consisted of five regions
Championships won by country/state
- Big League Baseball. Little League Baseball Incorporated. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- 2009 Big League Baseball World Series pools and results. Little League Baseball Incorporated. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- Broward out of Tournament. . The Miami News.
- No More Diamonds to Polish. . Taiwan Today.
- Taiwan Retains Big League Title. . The Evening Independent.
- Taiwan Again. . Reading Eagle.
- Culture, science, and education. . Taiwan Today.
- Taiwan Wins Fifth Straight. . Star-News.
- Orlando Loses in LL Series. . Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- Taiwan Forfeits, Loses Tourney. . Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- Tv Crew Puts In Hours For Espn2 Broadcast. . Sun-Sentinel.
- ROC Baseball Teams Win 2 Championships. . Taiwan Today.
- Taiwan Claims Big League World Title. . Mohave Daily Miner.
- Little League Baseball official website