Big Match (film)
|Directed by||Choi Ho|
|Produced by||Park Sang-hyun|
|Written by||Choi Ho|
|Music by||Lee Ji-su|
|Edited by||Shin Min-kyung|
|Distributed by||United International Pictures|
|Box office||US$7.8 million|
Choi Ik-ho (Lee Jung-jae), is a former footballer and UFC mixed martial arts star nicknamed "Zombie." When his older brother and coach Young-ho suddenly disappears, the police arrests him as the prime murder suspect. Then Ik-ho receives a phone call from Ace (Shin Ha-kyun), a genius mastermind who designs elaborate games for Korea's wealthiest citizens to bet astronomical sums of money on, conducted with real people in real-time using high-tech gadgets and CCTV cameras. To save his brother's life and his own, Ik-ho is forced to join Ace's game and follow instructions from a woman of mystery named Soo-kyung (BoA). Using his wits and skills against multiple adversaries, including cops and low-rent gangsters, Ik-ho completes seemingly impossible missions. Then he reaches the final round, during which he must find his brother in a huge soccer stadium, with a bomb strapped to his ankle and time ticking.
- Lee Jung-jae as Choi Ik-ho
- Shin Ha-kyun as Ace
- Lee Sung-min as Choi Young-ho
- BoA as Soo-kyung
- Kim Eui-sung as Detective Do
- Bae Sung-woo as Axe, gang member
- Son Ho-jun as Jae-yeol, president of Ik-ho's fan club
- Choi Woo-shik as Guru, hacker
- Kim Yoon-seong as Department head Jo
- Park Doo-sik as Detective Nam
- Ra Mi-ran as Young-ho's wife
- Conran, Pierce (11 November 2013). "SHIN Ha-kyun and LEE Jung-jae Play BIG MATCH". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Conran, Pierce (24 November 2014). "New Films: Big Match". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- Ahn, Sung-mi (26 November 2014). "Herald Interview: Lee Jung-jae returns as invincible fighter". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- "Lee Jung-jae Proves He Has Yet to Peak". The Chosun Ilbo. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-06.
- Lim, Ju-ri (28 November 2014). "Lee makes about-face in Big Match". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- Conran, Pierce (6 December 2013). "BoA Gets in the Ring for BIG MATCH". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "BoA the right Match for gaming film". Korea JoongAng Daily. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- "BoA Makes Korean Film Debut in Action Flick". The Chosun Ilbo. 26 November 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-29.
- Lee, So-dam (30 November 2014). "Interview: BoA Talks Filming Action Scenes in Negative Degree Weather for Big Match". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Big Match at the Korean Movie Database
- Big Match on Internet Movie Database
- Big Match at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|