Big Orange Clown Records
|Big Orange Clown Records|
|Parent company||Sanctuary Records|
|Distributor(s)||Sanctuary Records (In the US)|
|Country of origin||US|
|Location||Des Moines, Iowa|
The label was launched in Des Moines, Iowa in 2005. Crahan has said that he is always thinking about the future and he loves music, so starting a record label and producing albums was a natural step for him. During an interview with Billboard Crahan said that he's interested in signing artists from any genre and he's "looking for people who dig into their souls and they mean it." The label has focused mainly on unsigned bands, even advertising on the internet for unsigned bands to get in contact with them by post. In 2005, Crahan planned to release a second album for his band To My Surprise through the label, however in 2006 the band broke up without releasing a second album. Currently, Gizmachi is the only band on the label's roster.
- "Shawn Crahan Interview". The Sauce. 2007-04-23.
- Titus, Christa (2005-03-15). "Slipknot Drummer Launches Label". Billboard. Archived from the original on September 22, 2014. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Slipknot's Clown Wants To Hear Your Unsigned Band". Blabbermouth.net. 2005-02-19. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
- "Slipknot Cap A Year Of Destruction With 9.0: Live; More Stone Sour On Tap". MTV. 2005-10-03. Archived from the original on 13 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Exclusive Podcast: Part 2 - Slipknot Percussionist Shawn Crahan Beats Himself, Takes Pictures For Art". MTV. 2008-11-14. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-29.