This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to improve the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Occupation||Artist, photographer, director|
Camilo Him is a Paris-based fashion photographer, artist and film director.
Camilo Him was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela. Both his parents immigrated to Venezuela from China. In his teens, he exhibited his paintings at interscholastic art exhibitions. After high school, he moved to southern California to study Urban Planning at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. However, after 3 years working in a design office, he decided to move to New York City and to become a fashion photographer.
In 1999, IMG Models asked Camilo to join them at a maiden model casting trip to St. Petersburg, Russia. The casting was attended by over 800 model hopefuls from all over Russia, Belarus and Ukraine and heralded the invasion of Slavic models into the fashion industry. Since then Camilo has travelled back to Russia and Ukraine several times as a celebrity guest judge in beauty pageant competitions (including Miss Russia) as well as in model/talent search events. Camilo has helped organized fashion shows in Ukraine featuring designs from top European fashion houses including Balmain, Balenciaga, and Emanuel Ungaro.
Since 2009, Camilo has increasingly divided his time between photography and screenwriting. He is currently filming Exitus, a suspense thriller story he wrote. Camilo is also in pre-production for his second film: LAX which he plans to start filming in the fall of 2015.
In February 2013, Camilo hosted his first solo exhibition at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Entitled Big Shows, the exhibit was attended by top fashion designers, celebrities and seen by over 120,000 invitation-only-attendees.
Camilo donated all 30 (24" × 36") aluminum prints from his exhibit to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for auction. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a charity whose mission is the treatment and prevention of catastrophic diseases in children.
Anna Sui commented that Camilo's Big Shows photo exhibit represented her life 's work.
- "Camilo Him" Artslant.com
- Eugenia Eremina (26 November 2009). "The final qualifying round of the National Miss Russia in St. Petersburg" Moda.ru
- Love Radio (17 December 2009). "Tackling the finalists for Miss Russia 2010" LoveRadio.ru
- Lana Nicole (30 August 2013). "From the Editor" What's On Kiev
- "Model Citizen Pictures" Tumblr.com
- / Staff Writer (25 July 2003). "Lunch with fashion photographer Camilo Him" Kyivpost.com
- "Antik Batik I" Youtube.com
- "Exitus" IMDB.com
- "Exitus" Tumblr.com
- Staff Writer (19 December 2013). "Backstage. Camilo Him. Exitus: A Glam Rock film" Parikmaxer.tv
- Jamee Beth (19 August 2014). "Filming Set to Begin This Fall on LAX, a Fashion Film by Camilo Him" Breakaway Daily.com
- "LAX" IMDB.com
- "Exitus" IMDB.com
- "Tour John Lautner’s Historic Sheats-Goldstein House" architecturaldigest.com
- "LACMA's acquisition of Lautner's Sheats-Goldstein house is big, but there's precedent" latimes.com
- "High Above Beverly Hills, LACMA Fetes the Goldstein House" nytimes.com
- "LACMA Abides: John Lautner-Designed Residence Marks First Gift of Architecture to the Museum" architecturalrecord.com
- "This House Is A Work Of Art, So The Owner Is Donating It To A Museum" npr.or
- "The big gift: John Lautner's Sheats Goldstein house bequeathed to LACM" wallpaper.com
- "A Complete Guide to LACMA's First Piece of Architecture, the Most Spectacular House in Los Angeles" la.curbed.com
- Steven Dolan (11 August 2014). "A Raw Glimpse into New York Fashion Week’s Past" http://modaandestilo.com
- Anthony Mitropoulos (22 February 2013). "La semaine de mode automne-hiver 2013–2014 de New York" ellequebec.com
- "Camilo Him's Big Shows Photography Exhibit at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts" Artslant.com
- "New York Fashion Shows" Indiedogogo.com
- Jeffrey Horowitz (23 April 2013). "The Face Stars: Nigel Barker and Karolina Kurkova Join Fashion Designers and Celebrities in Support of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital" Entertainment News Express.com
- "Hunted Interior: One Week Challenge" huntedinterior.com