Jump to navigation Jump to search
Big Six or Big 6 may refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- Big six in the romantic literature of England, authors of romantic literature of England
- The Big Six, a children's novel by Arthur Ransome
- The "Big Six" major film studios
- Big Six wheel, a casino game
- The Big 6, a compilation of video games from the Dizzy series for the Amiga CD32.
- The 'Big Six' rollercoasters at Alton Towers Resort, UK, that consist of The Smiler, Nemesis, Oblivion, Galactica, Thirteen, and Rita.
Business and industry
- Big Six auditors, a group of accounting firms, so called from 1989 to 1998, that has since been reduced to the Big Four
- Big Six Energy Suppliers (UK), the six largest electric and gas suppliers in the UK
- Big Six law firms (Australia)
- Big Six, supermajor, or Big Oil, the six largest publicly owned oil and gas companies
- Big Six publishers, which has since been reduced to the "Big Five" by the merger on 1 July 2013 of Penguin and Random House:
- Big Six, New York Local #6 of the International Typographical Union
- Big Six, a group of inexpensive polymers that are widely produced and have a wide variety of uses:
- Big Six major film studios
- Big Six, a collective name by the fashion industry for the six most successful models of the 1990s
- Big Six (civil rights), leaders of major organizations in the civil rights movement within the United States
- The Big Six (Ghana), six Ghanaian nationalists jailed by the British colonial government in 1948
- The Big Six, Japan's Supreme War Council (Japan) during World War II
- The collective name for the American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, Paralyzed Veterans of America, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and Vietnam Veterans of America.
- BIG6 European Football League, an American football cup competition for club teams
- Big Six (ice hockey), the nickname for the six top-ranked men's ice hockey national teams (Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Russia, Sweden, United States)
- Big 6 Hockey League, in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Big Six cricket dispute of 1912, involving the "Big Six" Australian cricketers
- Big Six Conference, later the Big Eight Conference, an unofficial name for the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association from 1929 to 1946
- Big Six Conference, now known as the Pac-12 Conference, an unofficial name for the Athletic Association of Western Universities from 1962 to 1964
- The Big Six Marathons, nickname for the World Marathon Majors including the Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, New York and Tokyo marathons
- The "Big Six" in the Premier League, a term used to refer to the six highest performing teams through the 2010s: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Tottenham Hotspur.
- Big Six, the nickname for Jason Estrada, professional boxer born 1980
- Big Six, the nickname for Christy Mathewson, a baseball pitcher from 1900-1916
- The Big Six professional Super Smash Bros. Melee players, William "Leffen" Hjelte, Joseph "Mango" Marquez, Jason "Mew2King" Zimmerman, Kevin "PPMD" Nanney, Adam "Armada" Lindgren, and Juan "Hungrybox" Debiedma
- Big Six, a Kawasaki 1300 motorcycle built from 1979 until 1989
- Big Six, the name given the Mercedes-Benz M186 engine
- Big Six, 2-10-2 type locomotives purchased by B&O Railroad
- Big Six, Baltimore and Ohio Class S locomotive
- Big Six, Western Maryland Railway's Shay locomotive #6, the last and second largest Shay produced
- Morris Big Six, a family of motor cars
- The Big Six elemental macronutrients for all biological life: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and sulfur
- Big One (disambiguation)
- Big Two (disambiguation)
- Big Three (disambiguation)
- Big Four (disambiguation)
- Big Five (disambiguation)
- Big Seven (disambiguation)
- Big Eight (disambiguation)
- Big Hero 6 (film), a 3D computer-animated superhero fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and Marvel Animation in 2014
- Steinhauer, Jennifer (4 January 2019). "Veterans' Groups Compete With Each Other, and Struggle With the V.A." New York Times. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Big Six.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.